I have enjoyed the years here at Neowin and most of the people here. This board is full of unique personalities from passive to aggressive, from quiet to loud, from stupid to smart etc. There has been times that you can 100% agree with someone in 1 post then 100% think they are batsh*t crazy in the next post. From apple haters to windows lovers, everyday this board can be predictable and unpredictable at the same time. I thought it might be interesting to see how our regulars view others. Without attacking, this is more of a general assumption rather than anythings. Here is my take on regular board members. If i have missed you, sorry.

Notice: this could be against the rules if done in a rude or demeaning kind of way so be nice.

Apple hater of the year award: this one was hard since there is so many. I would have to say "Boz"

Gun Lover of the year award: a couple come to mind but this easily goes to "KingCracker"

Resident Know-it-All: Most of us know the **** we talk about, and the stuff we don't know we say "i could be wrong but..." This guy says he is NEVER wrong: "Shane Nokes"

Religious Savior of forum: Most easily "Yogurtmaster"

Board Joker: this year and every year before, ladies and gentleman, i give you ever famous "warwagon"

Best Israel/US hater : If you give this man nukes, he will set the world straight, everyone give a warm welcome to <Removed at User's request -Intrinsica>

Biggest Android fan: We go back to the biggest stock holder of Google for this one, welcome back "Boz"

Need a military advice heavyweight? look no father then "DocM"

Biggest Apple Fanboy award goes to: no one... even though apple haters say they are everywhere, i can't honestly say i have noticed a single one on this board.

Best journalistic person of the year: The ever informative and never sleeping "Hum"

these are just a few of the member's that keep this board alive with argument, A lot disagree on a daily basis but imagine how boring it would be if everyone always agreed on the same thing. This board wouldn't exist at all if everyone had the same view point. Some people have a lot of people on ignore but if you have them ignored, you may never know if someone has changed their mind, or if they have said something even more crazy then they already have in the past. I have left out so many personalities on here, if you have others feel free to list them :)

Yup, this thread has the potential to be pretty inflammatory! It should test quite a few of these "personalities" if this heats up and follows the path that many topics on Neowin do....

What do I think of the above? Not much that I can really add.

Yup, this thread has the potential to be pretty inflammatory! It should test quite a few of these "personalities" if this heats up and follows the path that many topics on Neowin do....

What do I think of the above? Not much that I can really add.

Some of these distinguished members should take life more lightly.

I can see this getting out of hand very quickly, even if there are some names mentioned there that I agree with.

I guess it's been an interesting enough year for me (regular -> subscriber -> moderator) on these forums without needing to win a personality award. :laugh:

• Like 1

Me either, Rappy, it's OK. You'd just get "biggest perv" for the 10th year running anyway ;)

Oh, and biggest Apple Fanboy is easily Timan!

*flees*

• Like 4

Biggest Apple Fanboy award goes to: no one... even though apple haters say they are everywhere, i can't honestly say i have noticed a single one on this board.

There are some here that are just die hard Mac users. Spirit Dave, .Neo, kev (whatever the "Apple developer's" username is - he's the guy that is using his new 'external' SSD). But, this is primarily a Windows oriented forum.

Actually I've never claimed to never be wrong.

What I have said is that there are points, especially related to Microsoft, where I have direct experience from working on (or consulting on) various teams.

I have a unique perspective on things from having done that. I've probably worked in more areas of Microsoft than most FTE's have. It has given me a different/unique view on things, since most folks are somewhat ensconced in their own bubble.

I see connections and interactions that most don't see. I'm also not afraid to comment on things, and if there's ever a point where something is an opinion I will call it that. If there's something where I'm not 100% on something I will point that out. I'm also not afraid to admit when I'm wrong on something.

It's why I'm generally considered a valued asset on whatever team I'm on. It's why I get hired over folks with multiple degrees even though all I have is a lowly GED. ;)

BTW, no offense taken...but I thought I should live up to the 'hype' of being a pedantic, insufferable, over-explaining jackass. :p

Me either, Rappy, it's OK. You'd just get "biggest perv" for the 10th year running anyway ;)

I don't know, Marshall seems to be giving Rappy a good run for his money in that department...not that I visit those threads, of course, or even know what you're referring to... :whistle:

Oh, and as to the concerns: I see this as a fun, lighthearted thread meant to lovingly poke fun at ourselves and our little Neowin-family here. So I suppose the 'rule' can be that if anyone is really offended by being mentioned here, we can edit them out of the thread and not comment further on that particular nomination. This isn't meant to be taken super-seriously or get defensive and argumentative about. If that sounds OK, carry on ;)

Forum rules:

No Personal Attacks or Retaliation

Personal attacks such as instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse, mocking or sexist remarks of members in posts are not tolerated at Neowin. Such posts will be deleted on sight or moderated accordingly.

Calling members "haters" is flame bait, which is clearly against the rules. I'm surprised to see mods letting it slide.

• Like 2

lol I especially liked the resident know it all one (I'm sure there's something wrong with that guy, can't leave things alone, has to go back and edit posts, has to have the last word etc...)

And I have to admit, I find myself agreeing with that list, most of those would be my votes too :)

Nope. I just tend to notice grammar/spelling errors, or tone things down when I may come off too aggressive, or sometimes remember something that I forgot I wanted to add while typing...or even spot that the comment I was replying to was itself edited.

So I go back and fix/add as I view necessary. :)

Also if you were dealing with intermittent aphasia due to actual scarring on the brain (been that way since early childhood) you'd probably want to fix things up when you notice some of it comes off not making as much sense as it should. ;)

I don't know, Marshall seems to be giving Rappy a good run for his money in that department...not that I visit those threads, of course, or even know what you're referring to... :whistle:

Yeah he posts more then me now...obviously has TO much time on his hands....:shifty:

Forum rules:

Calling members "haters" is flame bait, which is clearly against the rules. I'm surprised to see mods letting it slide.

Well, that was why I said what I did earlier--if someone takes it seriously and is offended, we will remove that reference.

I think context is everything here and clearly this is meant to be in fun.

Don't worry, we are watching closely to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. :)

As Charisma said, it's just a bit of fun. We're going to monitor this thread closely to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, and if any user has a problem with being named then they can contact us and we will edit out the name and any future references.

As promised, a user posted that they didn't want to be listed, so they have been removed from the original post and I removed their requesting post. If anyone else has an issue, I would suggest either sending a PM to a mod or using the report function rather than making a public objection. (Y)

• Like 2

Also, I'll nominate Intrinsica for "most deceiving avatar". The fact that I know you're an English guy has no bearing on the fact that I always think of you looking like the blonde girl in your av.