Nurse Found dead after prank Call Hoax

A female nurse who took a prank call at the London hospital that treated Prince William?s pregnant wife Kate for morning sickness has been found dead, the hospital said on Friday.

The death, which police said they were treating as unexplained, comes days after the King Edward VII hospital apologised after falling for the call from an Australian radio station and relaying details about the Duchess of Cambridge?s condition.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-royals/uk-hospital-nurse-who-took-kate-prank-call-found-dead/article6078780/

that is just horrible. not really sure the prank was that horrible. i would assume there was more than that going on and it was just the last push however, its still horrible.

Thing is all she did was transfer the call she did not give out any personal details

The DJ's should be held accountable for her killing herself

This is horrible news. I can only assume she killed herself out of guilt or pressure or something :( So, so sad :( I should imagine those DJ's bitterly regret the idea to do that prank call now :(

I don't know if they should be "held accountable", but certainly they will be vilified for this. Sometimes radio DJs do some really terrible things for 'shock value ratings'.

• Like 3

Thing is all she did was transfer the call she did not give out any personal details

The DJ's should be held accountable for her killing herself

No they shouldn't.

It was a pretty dick move though. I think a lot of us will be writing to the standards board about it >.>

The DJs said themselves they never thought that that the call would be taken seriously.

They will probably lose their jobs.

I found the call amusing it made me laugh.

Im not laughing now though.

Im sure William and Kate also found it amusing, its a shame they hadn't said so earlier.

Im not blaming them though.

A nurse at a London hospital who took a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge has been found dead.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said in a statement they were "deeply saddened" by the death of the nurse, named as Jacintha Saldanha.

King Edward VII hospital paid tribute to "a first class nurse who cared diligently for hundreds of patients".

Details of the pregnant duchess's medical condition were unwittingly revealed to two Australian DJs.

Mel Greig and Michael Christian, from Sydney radio station 2Day FM - which says it is preparing a statement - posed as the Queen and Prince Charles in a call early on Tuesday morning.

Source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

Why is this in "It's a conspiracy!" ? Well, why not, something to talk about, was she pushed or did she fall :p

Such a bizarre and tragic story. While yes the DJs were ultimately responsible and definitely should be reprimanded now that their actions indirectly led to a death, one still needs to ask how hospital protocol could have broken down that easily by forging voices.

And yes, from some publication I read in the past, nurses work in a very stressful environment, with very few hospitals taking initiatives to help improve working conditions such that they'll make fewer mistakes on the job (or if they do err, that they're not immediately castrated for making mistakes).

It's sad that - if it's confirmed as a suicide - these DJs have cost a life in the name of low-brow entertainment. While they couldn't have foreseen such an outcome they should be held responsible to the maximum extent that the law allows. I hope this rests heavy on their consciences.

Such a sad story. :cry: