Star Trek Enterprise - The Most Under Rated Show on TV

the only reason i could not watch the show is because the continuity of the show as well as its continuity with previous canon was horrible. the production quality aside from that was rather good from the few episodes i watched.

It started out OK but became terrible as soon as they decided that to make it all about those 911 attacks. It just became tedious and got bogged down in that whole American revenge thing that was so popular at the time but was the antithesis of everything that Star Trek stands for. I would have axed it two years earlier.

Season 1 was a flop, I knew it was in trouble after the second episode. Season 4 is when things really turned around, could be the best trek season of all the flavors. if they kept that going the rest of the series (and from the leaks and speculation they were) I'd consider it on par with DS9. Their fate was sealed long before though during the too drawn out Xindi arc.

I liked Enterprise. DS9 I could never get into. I don't know, found it kind of slow. Maybe I should give it another shot. Stick with it longer.

DS9 is more character oriented. It builds off of every episode. You'll have to watch a few seasons before you really get into it. By the end you've got a lot of action too, but it's definitely more focused about Bajor and the characters than it is about shooting things up, that is until the Dominion anyways, and that's even got a good back story.

• Like 1

T'Pol never did anything for me...The least attractive of the ST women :p

Enterprise wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it. My least favourite of the Star Trek series, but I really enjoyed Season 4.

They should have put it on a more popular network. I think it was on UPN. Not everyone was able to get that channel of something...

Just need to get Star Trek back on TV...Star Trek Enterprise is a LOT better than the new movies :p

I recently started rewatching Enterprise, I'm nearly finished with season 2.

Apart from the terrible acting by some of the cast I really enjoy this show, I love the premise. Earth finally standing on its own two feet and venturing out into the galaxy occaisionally stumbling along the way, I love the naivity of the crew when it comes to befriending other species and I especially love that the ship isn't some shiny, pristine, luxurious space, it is barebones, industrial and cramped.

I get all excited when they hint about things that are staple in the previous Trek shows, mentioning the Federation, hinting about the Prime Directive, the 'Reed Alert' tactical alert episode was brilliant.

No shields, no holodeck, no forcefields (for the most part), no powerful weapons, no tractor beams, transporter that everyone is afraid to use because its so primitive which rules it out as a mechanic of magically saving the day when the crew get into trouble on planets, primitive warp drive which means they cant just hit warp 9.9 and run away from people, primitive replicators can only synthesise simple foods so they need a chef.

I don't know why people hate on time travel so much, it was one of the most compelling parts of the show, two or more factions from different time periods in the future, fighting to change the course of the future to their own benefit. I'm pretty sure I read that the 'future man' who was giving Suliban orders was meant to be revealed as a Romulan trying to instigate the Earth/Romulan war.

Voyager is my favourite show, if it wasnt for TNG I think enterprise would come a close second, it's just a shame everyong rags on it so much.

Still think they should -- Possibly--

Have it be-

Star Trek Federation-- that way they can feature the Enterprise or other Ships in the Fleet when the numbers drop.

Keep it around 5 ships-- DS9 (the current crew whatever time-frame if it is in there) .... Also possibly Get Jean Luke to come in as an Admiral or even CMdr Riker as a Captain....even Worf as a Cmdr....

Would have preferred to have one set post-Nemesis with Captain Riker on the USS Titan. While I thank JJ for bringing Trek back to the big screen I don't much care for the direction he is going. I want more prime universe content.

Would have preferred to have one set post-Nemesis with Captain Riker on the USS Titan. While I thank JJ for bringing Trek back to the big screen I don't much care for the direction he is going. I want more prime universe content.

JJ Abrams had to take it in that direction, as otherwise he'd have been constantly worrying about continuity like Enterprise. Some of the best episodes in the Star Trek canon were in the mirror universe, so I have no problem with multiple continuities. Personally - having watching every Star Trek episode and film - I thought the new film was a really good reboot but it all depends on where he takes it with the next film. I'd love to see the film set-up a new Star Trek series, as I'd much rather have regular episodes than a film every three or four years - a lot of the actors in the film have experience with a TV format, as does JJ Abrams. A new series could even be punctuated with the occasional film - ? la The X Files.

Brannon Braga ran Star Trek into the ground and he has a terrible track record - his latest endeavour was Terra Nova, which was terrible and was cancelled after its first season (rightly so, unlike Firefly). I really hope that JJ Abrams can recover the franchise and lead it to success against the upcoming Star Wars films.

Here is where they missed the boat:

"STAR TREK VI: The Undiscovered Country which featured Captain Hikaru Sulu in command of the U.S.S. Excelsior."

This would have given them a new ship with new adventures:

http://en.memory-alp...i/USS_Excelsior

USS_Excelsior.jpg

I would have done a series called: Star Trek: Excelsior, instead of Enterprise. That would have been awesome. It's still not too late.

The only thing I hate about Enterprise (really, hate) is the constant background music. It annoys me... and I'm sorry if you didn't notice it before: You will now, forever...

Still, I like to watch it, just like every other Star Trek series. I put on an episode every now and then...

I remember reading I think it was StarTrek.com or Cinefantastique special Startrek issues of Enterprise The Broken Bow pilot cost 2 million dollars.That the First few seasons shows each cost about a million dollars each, then season 4 budget was slashed to something like 850,000 for the filming of the 22 shows.

Two things I will add to this conversation. If you are watching them now - I assume at a rate of more than 1 per week? In which case it may be less tooth-achingly dull. Getting to the good episodes quicker will help negate the feeling of "This is going nowhere". Because until then, it became dull and predictable with but a few exceptions.

And secondly, the final episode made a mockery of the entire thing. "Oh it was all a holo-simulation"... Sod right off!

JJ Abrams had to take it in that direction, as otherwise he'd have been constantly worrying about continuity like Enterprise. Some of the best episodes in the Star Trek canon were in the mirror universe, so I have no problem with multiple continuities. Personally - having watching every Star Trek episode and film - I thought the new film was a really good reboot but it all depends on where he takes it with the next film. I'd love to see the film set-up a new Star Trek series, as I'd much rather have regular episodes than a film every three or four years - a lot of the actors in the film have experience with a TV format, as does JJ Abrams. A new series could even be punctuated with the occasional film - ? la The X Files.

I think people get too caught up into this false dilemma of 'rebooting' the franchise versus keeping every little bit of continuity and retconning everything that doesn't make sense. Just because you don't decide to reboot things doesn't mean you can't just 'forget' some things that were always badly developed (like the Warp 10 episode of Voyager)

I think people get too caught up into this false dilemma of 'rebooting' the franchise versus keeping every little bit of continuity and retconning everything that doesn't make sense. Just because you don't decide to reboot things doesn't mean you can't just 'forget' some things that were always badly developed (like the Warp 10 episode of Voyager)

Yes, but you can't just keep rewriting history and expect fans to tolerate it. Creating an alternative continuity allows for a much greater freedom in terms of canon and it means you can end up with interesting new plots, like making the prime continuity the mirror universe of the reboot.

Two things I will add to this conversation. If you are watching them now - I assume at a rate of more than 1 per week? In which case it may be less tooth-achingly dull. Getting to the good episodes quicker will help negate the feeling of "This is going nowhere". Because until then, it became dull and predictable with but a few exceptions.

And secondly, the final episode made a mockery of the entire thing. "Oh it was all a holo-simulation"... Sod right off!

I think the last episode, "These Are The Voyages", was really unnecessary. It was an OK episode, but unnecessary. The episode before that one would have been a much better ending to the series. There was no need to kill Trip.

You're not going to have a new "Trek" series for a while. The format has kinda died out. Trek suffered from the "planet of the week" syndrome, and would need reformatted to do well with today's audience. The "solve all our problems with tech invented on the spot" format needs to go away too.

You're not going to have a new "Trek" series for a while. The format has kinda died out. Trek suffered from the "planet of the week" syndrome, and would need reformatted to do well with today's audience. The "solve all our problems with tech invented on the spot" format needs to go away too.

I agree. I don't think JJ Abrahams will begin a "new" series anytime soon. I think they are going to squeeze as much as they can from this "new" crew and then, maybe, in a few years from now we might see a new trek series. You have to remember, creating a Trek series is not cheap. We are talking millions of dollars per episode, most of it going to visual effects. Paramount lost quite a bit of money on Enterprise when it was on TV and that almost sank the Trek franchise (thank God for JJ Abrahams for coming along at the right time to save it), so we shall see what else is in store for Trek in the TV future.

I loved the final episode. It did not imply that the entire thing was a holo simulation, it was pretty clear that the events of that singular episode were a holo simulation, and also that it was a "historically accurate" one, allowing Riker to study the events of the "past" to make a decision in his "present." The whole thing was just a way to get Riker on the show for a minute and tie Enterprise more firmly to the rest of the continuity. I thought it was a pretty good episode, myself.

Edit: Except for killing Trip; that was bull****. At least it takes place quite a while after the episode before it, at the end of their mission, so if they ever do have an Enterprise movie it can fit nicely in the gap there.