Off-duty deputy shoots, kills suspected Walmart shoplifter

Thank you for clarifying for people who can't read in here.

I just love people here. Cop get shot, it's ok, Cop trying to defend himself from being run over, he is a moron. Can't wait for more pathetic excuses where cop will get blamed even more.

This woman is a moron who trying to run a police officer over, endangered children life, shoplifting, and etc... and somehow she is an "innocent" in this story. She deserve it.

Where does it say she tried to run him over? It said he opened her door, and she tried to drive away. He then shot her. The only part where it says that was someone else at the police station saying he might have feared for his life.

Where does it say she tried to run him over? It said he opened her door, and she tried to drive away. He then shot her. The only part where it says that was someone else at the police station saying he might have feared for his life.

"but the car was placed in drive and moved forward,"

So you automatically assumed that she would just drove away without hitting him?

I guess I'll have to see the video. I just don't see how you're in danger of being hit by a car when you've just opened its door. But, even if you are in danger, I don't see how shooting the driver is going stop you from being hit when you're so close to the car already. Getting out of harm's way would be much more effective.

I think if the off-duty officer would have just pointed his weapon at the shoplifter would have sufficed. A shoplifter wouldn't risk their life over a few items they ganked.

• Like 1

"but the car was placed in drive and moved forward,"

So you automatically assumed that she would just drove away without hitting him?

He'd just opened the door, so he was at the side of the car, you assume she was going to make another pass and run him over?

He'd just opened the door, so he was at the side of the car, you assume she was going to make another pass and run him over?

When a police officer tells you to stop, and instead you gun the gas and drag him with your car putting his life in danger you better believe you are going to get shot. As a police officer you can't assume the criminal isn't going to hurt you and in this case she was already jeopardizing his life while trying to flee. There's simply no defending what that idiot woman did.

When a police officer tells you to stop, and instead you gun the gas and drag him with your car putting his life in danger you better believe you are going to get shot. As a police officer you can't assume the criminal isn't going to hurt you and in this case she was already jeopardizing his life while trying to flee. There's simply no defending what that idiot woman did.

Where does it say he was dragged along with the car?

Where does it say he was dragged along with the car?

There are other news articles besides this one that go into more detail. It's a good idea to actually have all the facts before making a judgement.

"At that point, the deputy opened the door and commanded the driver to stop," Deputy Thomas Gilliland told the news agency. "She put it in drive, revving forward, dragging the deputy." In other articles they point out that the deputy's shoes were actually dragged off.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2258080.html

Also did these poor innocent women take their friend to the ER or even stop when she was shot? No, they kept fleeing and let her die instead.

There are other news articles besides this one that go into more detail. It's a good idea to actually have all the facts before making a judgement.

"At that point, the deputy opened the door and commanded the driver to stop," Deputy Thomas Gilliland told the news agency. "She put it in drive, revving forward, dragging the deputy." In other articles they point out that the deputy's shoes were actually dragged off.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2258080.html

Also did these poor innocent women take their friend to the ER or even stop when she was shot? No, they kept fleeing and let her die instead.

So he didnt think to let go of the door?

Wow. You know what, nevermind. You'd come up with some idiotic excuse to defend them no matter what the criminals did.

Let go of the door...and get run over by the back wheels. Great plan. "Hey ladies, I know you just tried to kill me but that's ok. You just go on and have a nice day." /facepalm.

Wow. You know what, nevermind. You'd come up with some idiotic excuse to defend them no matter what the criminals did.

Let go of the door...and get run over by the back wheels. Great plan. "Hey ladies, I know you just tried to kill me but that's ok. You just go on and have a nice day." /facepalm.

No, what I will not defend though are reckless Policemen who's incompetence results in someone being killed over petty theft. I can see he really aced the Police exam. All she wanted to do was escape, she was no danger to him. He put his own life in danger and she paid the ultimate price for his recklessness.

If we had more people that think all criminals should just be allowed to "escape" like you the world would be worse than it is now.

Can just see you sitting in a cop car eating a donut and saying, no I'm not apprehending them, they just got into a car, i should let them escape.

No, what I will not defend though are reckless Policemen who's incompetence results in someone being killed over petty theft. I can see he really aced the Police exam. All she wanted to do was escape, she was no danger to him. He put his own life in danger and she paid the ultimate price for his recklessness.

So we should let all criminals escape now?

Oh yes, this poor woman just wanted to escape the horrible policeman who was trying to apprehend her for committing a crime. Oh poor, poor her. My heart aches....

If we had more people that think all criminals should just be allowed to "escape" like you the world would be worse than it is now.

Can just see you sitting in a cop car eating a donut and saying, no I'm not apprehending them, they just got into a car, i should let them escape.

So we should let all criminals escape now?

Oh yes, this poor woman just wanted to escape the horrible policeman who was trying to apprehend her for committing a crime. Oh poor, poor her. My heart aches....

So we should just execute people who attempt to escape now? She only committed petty theft. All he had to do was let go of the car, radio in her car was escaping, a car would have chased her and no doubt caught her.

No deaths, and she'd have been brought to justice.

So we should just execute people who attempt to escape now? She only committed petty theft. All he had to do was let go of the car, radio in her car was escaping, a car would have chased her and no doubt caught her.

Let me see, she hit him with a purse, didn't stop, try to take escape, didn't give a f*** about kids, didn't follow officer orders, trying to run over a police officer with a car, and YOU think that somehow she would magically stop after getting pull over. Right on!!!!

Did you ever think she could put a pedal on a floor, hit somebody else, kill the kids or run over somebody YOU know?

You ASSuming she is going to stop but so far she proven to be a b**** who will go on extreme to get away.

• Like 2

Think about it very well. I'm sure you did break the law at least once in your life. Most people did even if they don't want to admit it.

This really has nothing to do with the topic at hand. From your previous post, you yourself are an admitted criminal... but realistically, did you do all of the following?

Stole property.

Resisted arrest.

Assaulted a Police Officer.

Attempted to Flee from a Police Officer (and eventually succeeded in doing so).

Created a situation that called for the use of Deadly Force. (Under Texas law, I highly suspect this will be considered a clean shoot).

What's more, depending on the situation, the other women could very well be looking at felony murder (they were in the progress of a crime, someone died, therefore they are at fault).

At the end of the day, it isn't about the persons potential to commit a crime, whether or not they have committed one in the past, etc. The individuals involved committed a crime, then instead of dealing with consequences continually choose to escalate the situation until someone died... the criminal in this case in the only one at fault.

• Like 3

All she had to do was stop the car, surrender to law enforcement, and face the consequences of her actions.

During police training they do teach you to shoot. He opened the door and got stuck and was dragged. At that point it became self defense. He was in fear for his life. He gets under the car he could die. She should have just stopped. Lets hope her friends in the car gets charged with murder. Since in some states if your an accomplice and your buddy gets killed, you get charged.

• Like 2

All she had to do was stop the car, surrender to law enforcement, and face the consequences of her actions.

So you're saying because the Woman broke the law, the Cop was allowed to handle it in anyway he wanted and it'd be ok?

So you're saying because the Woman broke the law, the Cop was allowed to handle it in anyway he wanted and it'd be ok?

At a point, you have to wonder if you are just trolling intentionally or if you really don't get it.... everyone else is thinking the same thing by now.

It has nothing to do with "she broke the law so the cop can do what he wants" as has already been pointed out to you, it has to do with him defending himself because of the actions of the suspects.

• Like 2

At a point, you have to wonder if you are just trolling intentionally or if you really don't get it.... everyone else is thinking the same thing by now.

It has nothing to do with "she broke the law so the cop can do what he wants" as has already been pointed out to you, it has to do with him defending himself because of the actions of the suspects.

Yes I disagree with you so it must be trolling. I've seen people sent to prison for less than what this Cop did.

Just ****ing wow.

The cop handled it correctly because SHE YOOK ACTIONS THAT COULD HAVE RESULTED IN SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR DEATH TO THE POLICE OFFICER. I shoot through the ****ing window if I had to.

There was a police officer who at the end of a police chase, got ontop of the suspects car, the suspect attempted to drive with the officer on the hood. He shot about 10times through the front window.

This officer met force with force.

• Like 2

Yes I disagree with you so it must be trolling. I've seen people sent to prison for less than what this Cop did.

That's not what I said, you are disagreeing with facts and logic, not me... btw do you know the difference between prison and jail? Just curious, without looking it up on google that is.