Off-duty deputy shoots, kills suspected Walmart shoplifter

You're right. It was 100% ridiculous and preventable. All she had to do was stop within the first 3 times he told her to.

But because she didn't, her life was the price. Yup, justified, because we all know the cops are the ones who decide innocence. And that life is worth less than whatever she obviously stole.

You're right. It was 100% ridiculous and preventable. All she had to do was stop within the first 3 times he told her to.

Yes, it is her fault. However, the policeman is not entirely blameless either.

But because she didn't, her life was the price. Yup, justified, because we all know the cops are the ones who decide innocence. And that life is worth less than whatever she obviously stole.

I never said anything like that. The lady though is the one that escalated the situation when she chose to shop lift in the first place. You act like the cop had a goal that night that he was going to go out and kill a shoplifter, like he thought of himself as judge, jury, and executioner.

When it comes down to it that lady thought she was above the law and that she didn't have to comply. She decided her fate and no one else when she not only did she physically assault the police officer but decide to run from him.

Please note I'm not saying the lady deserved to die.

Yes, it is her fault. However, the policeman is not entirely blameless either.

I never said he wasn't. It could have without a doubt been handled differently. But have you ever been caught in a moment and done something without thinking? Or done something and then later think back and realize you could have handled it differently? Still, I place the blame on the lady for causing the situation to begin with.

The cop was just doing his job, her choices caused everything that happened.

I never said anything like that. The lady though is the one that escalated the situation when she chose to shop lift in the first place. You act like the cop had a goal that night that he was going to go out and kill a shoplifter, like he thought of himself as judge, jury, and executioner.

When it comes down to it that lady thought she was above the law and that she didn't have to comply. She decided her fate and no one else when she not only did she physically assault the police officer but decide to run from him.

Please note I'm not saying the lady deserved to die.

I never said he wasn't. It could have without a doubt been handled differently. But have you ever been caught in a moment and done something without thinking? Or done something and then later think back and realize you could have handled it differently? Still, I place the blame on the lady for causing the situation to begin with.

The cop wasn't doing his job properly though. He could have let it go, called for back up, or taken down all the info needed to arrest the suspect at a better location where less people would be involved. The cop escalated it to the highest point, taking a life. There is nothing higher than that, except more lives being lost.

If the cop had followed protocol, he would have got back up, not put himself in danger, and not have shot an unarmed shoplifter.

You can't just keep giving excuses to cops to continue to keep shooting at us citizens. We have to demand more from them, more of our lives, and stop being so brutal in our tactics that we deem it OK to take the life of another.

I understand better what you are saying and I agree. And btw, I too have been in situations where I got caught up in the moment and things didn't work out quite the best for everyone involved. I know what you are talking about. It happens.

I understand better what you are saying and I agree. And btw, I too have been in situations where I got caught up in the moment and things didn't work out quite the best for everyone involved. I know what you are talking about. It happens.

I agree too. But we need people in such positions of power and authority to be more in control of their behavior. We need better than average guys doing this type of job.

I agree too. But we need people in such positions of power and authority to be more in control of their behavior. We need better than average guys doing this type of job.

How do we know that this guy was just an average guy? He may be a brilliant cop for all we know. Things can get out of hand for the best of us.

How do we know that this guy was just an average guy? He may be a brilliant cop for all we know. Things can get out of hand for the best of us.

Well hope all the dollars put into police training was worth it....................

sorry, what happened to shooting out her tyres?

ok I live in the UK so the only types of police that carry hard ammo firearms are airport police and special Armed Police, (that I can think of, off the top of my head) but I watch a lot of those police videos hosted by Retired Sheriff John Burnell, and I'm a little surprised at this officer's reaction

sorry, what happened to shooting out her tyres?

ok I live in the UK so the only types of police that carry hard ammo firearms are airport police and special Armed Police, (that I can think of, off the top of my head) but I watch a lot of those police videos hosted by Retired Sheriff John Burnell, and I'm a little surprised at this officer's reaction

And what happens when he shoots out her tires, she loses control of her car and plows into a crowd of people? Who is to blame then?

And what happens when he shoots out her tires, she loses control of her car and plows into a crowd of people? Who is to blame then?

Doesn't shoot the driver have the same effect?