free Alternate (hosted) email services

I wanna have it externally hosted with my domain...

Something like google apps mail was but they pulled the plug on the free service.

any good free ones or ones that are dirt cheap (less then 20/yr) Please let me know!!!

Windows Live Domains is Free

I use it for the majority of my clients and they love it because they are use to using Hotmail, its exactly the same as Hotmail :)

get a static IP and host it yourself....you should have the means to be able to do it. If you have under 10 email adds per domain, you can have barracuda filter mail for free.

get a static IP and host it yourself....you should have the means to be able to do it. If you have under 10 email adds per domain, you can have barracuda filter mail for free.

With the energy costs and everything that's probably not interesting...

my site's on azure cloud so I didn't wanna mess with email setup on it... plus I like having it in a different place....

With the energy costs and everything that's probably not interesting...

She is big into vmware, there would be little to no additional energy cost that what she has now and there would be no additional physical space being taken up.

my site's on azure cloud so I didn't wanna mess with email setup on it... plus I like having it in a different place....

Just adhering to the cost effectiveness you were trying to stay with vs the externally hosted.

Actually I'm leaning towards Hyper-V now *GASP!*

I actually do not own my own datacenter....so I can't self host it and my ISP won't give mer a static IP for my home connection.... and I'm broke as a joke to upgrade it right now....

Also I like to componentize things... so if one goes down I still have the other...

What does owning your own datacenter have to do with boo...your ISP would have to give you a static.

And with your ability, you should have a cluster so that if one goes down the other takes over.

What does owning your own datacenter have to do with boo...your ISP would have to give you a static.

And with your ability, you should have a cluster so that if one goes down the other takes over.

Generally you have to have a Business account and pay extra for a Static IP form most if not all ISPs

I wish I had my own datacenter!!!

I don't have a server cluster at home... just one server is all I can afford to keep running...

Wanna pay my electric bill ?? Lol

this is for my own domain that I own... I use that mail.com service though so I can have kittymail and sailormoon.com email addresses... LOL XD

no interest in changing registrars... but thanks for the suggestion!

You do have some good points about WLD. However Google Apps mail isn't free :(

Windows Live Domains is free, it's not good compared to Google Apps but at least you get to use Outlook.com with it (my earlier rant about it)

WLD isn't trying to compete against Google Apps. It's just a means of using your own domain against the Windows Live ecosystem of SSO and related service (email/outlook, skydrive, etc). Also, once you have an acct and they try to sign in, the end-user is prompted with SSL-only and other security measures -- just not in the same draconian way Google conducts business.

FWIW, you'd probably love Samba 4.0 just because it supports AD without being AD.