iPad2 Wifi Only Option

Hi guys bought my daughter an ipad2 wifi only system, but concernes that she wont be able to connect to the internet when out and about, she will always be with either my wife or myself and both our phones have tethering facilities, my phone has tethering option, its the Galaxy Note 2, can the ipad use Note 2 3g connection when out on the road or do Apple only allow Iphone Thethering?

Are there any other options without going the dongle route for example connecting to BT OPENZONE using its wifi or does that require 3g?

Hi guys bought my daughter an ipad2 wifi only system, but concernes that she wont be able to connect to the internet when out and about, she will always be with either my wife or myself and both our phones have tethering facilities, my phone has tethering option, its the Galaxy Note 2, can the ipad use Note 2 3g connection when out on the road or do Apple only allow Iphone Thethering?

Are there any other options without going the dongle route for example connecting to BT OPENZONE using its wifi or does that require 3g?

When you create a wifi hotspot from your phone with the built in tethering in Android, any device can connect to it. It's just like having your own little wifi access point, so it will be transparent to the iPad and just look like another wifi connection. Just make sure you have tethering on your plan and you should be good. Don't forget to set a password or else anyone else can jump on your free wifi signal and use up your phone's data plan also.

It can connect to any 2.4Ghz Wifi B-G-N signal.