Window opens up just barely above the taskbar

Any way to solve this from happening? It seems to only happen with the printer options window which wouldn't be a big deal but I print A LOT for work and need to ahve the window centered on my screen. I've attached a pic:

post-256760-0-65807000-1355351607.jpg

Drag it up into the middle of the screen and then press the red X.

It should set it's last used window location to there and will open there by default >.<

How about you give some details about your setup? How big is your monitor? What is your resolution? Is this a physical machine or a VM? Are you using any software packages that are designed to alter your viewing experience? Mac or PC?? 1 year old or 15 years old? Windows or Mac with Parallels? Chicken or egg? Joking of course, but to illustrate that troubleshooting requires detailed information, and you have provided VERY little.

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I tried all of those things and right click + move seemed to help temporarily. When I restart it goes back to the same way just above the taskbar.

For more info, my PC is running Windows 8. The software is the default windows print screen which pops up when you hit print in any document (this only seems to happen when I print from pdf files and not Word or any other software.)

Would reinstalling the printer software/drivers help?

(this only seems to happen when I print from pdf files and not Word or any other software.)

Maybe your PDF reader is being dumb, thinking it's spawning the window in the middle of the screen? Try a different reader?

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I tried all of those things and right click + move seemed to help temporarily. When I restart it goes back to the same way just above the taskbar.

For more info, my PC is running Windows 8. The software is the default windows print screen which pops up when you hit print in any document (this only seems to happen when I print from pdf files and not Word or any other software.)

Would reinstalling the printer software/drivers help?

Open a folder window, goto Organise > View > Folders and Search Options > Uncheck Hide protected operating system files

Capture.PNG

Delete the "desktop.ini" files on the desktop

Capture.PNG

Reboot and see if that helps