Family finds unfriendly message on restaurant check

NASHUA, NH (WHDH) -- A local family made an unfriendly find when they got their check at a Friendly?s restaurant.

It was a trip to a Nashua, New Hampshire Friendly's the Cunningham family will never forget. But it won?t be the food they remember, but the message they found at the bottom of the check.

?I saw that it said comp 100 percent, [expletive] show, and I looked at my daughter and husband and I said, ?I don't believe what this says,? I held it up it says [expletive] show,? said Dawn Cunningham, customer.

The family went to Friendly's about a month ago.

?We waited for about 30 minutes, nobody ever came to acknowledge our existence or take our order and I flagged down another waitress and told her no one had come to take our order. So she immediately took our order right there and she left,? said Cunningham.

More waiting. Forty-five minutes later, they were delivered someone else's food -- twice.

?Come to find out, the waitress that had taken our order never submitted it she just left -- she went home I guess,? said Cunningham.

They finally got their food and Friendly's offered to pay for their entire meal. But when the final check showed up, that's when they saw the rude message.

?They had to have had it either entered into the cash register or they had a [expletive] show button,? Cunningham said.

Friendly's released a statement saying, "?this type of behavior is completely unacceptable. We are investigating this with the restaurant and will take swift action. We hope we get the opportunity to rectify this directly with the guest."

The Cunningham family said they were not offended by the message and they plan to eat at the restaurant in the future.

source

I'm guessing it was the F-word, or some form of s***. Could have been freak. :huh: Who knows why ...

Someone has been working at the restaurant too long.

Apart from the obvious exclusion of the word that is the point of this story, we're also missing the bit where the family went in, were rude to the staff and paid the price :p

Possibly

Apart from the obvious exclusion of the word that is the point of this story, we're also missing the bit where the family went in, were rude to the staff and paid the price :p

Possibly

I am guessing you didn't watch the video- that was on the link page-

The family went in-- then waited 30 minutes with no one taking their order... they flagged a waitress down... she left and wen home not submitting their order... they took their order for a second time... then brought the wrong food... waited another 15 minutes.. and wrong food again... then waited 20 more minutes for the correct food only to find an obscenity on the check of a "Family" restaurant.

One of the past Slogans for the Chain was...

Fast Friendly service at a Friendly price.

\

Which is -- OOH! That Looks Good!

The Family place

That would go great with IceCream.

So you tell me was that so "Friendly" and you are wondering if they were rude to the staff.

Though I don't know about you , but after the first 30 min wait time I would be done and want to go some place else--

I am guessing you didn't watch the video- that was on the link page-

The family went in-- then waited 30 minutes with no one taking their order... they flagged a waitress down... she left and wen home not submitting their order... they took their order for a second time... then brought the wrong food... waited another 15 minutes.. and wrong food again... then waited 20 more minutes for the correct food only to find an obscenity on the check of a "Family" restaurant.

Says the family. Every story has two sides.

The expletive was probably the synonym for 'poop'. The phase "s--- show" is a term some people here use to describe sloppy, rude, and/or improper behavior.

From the context of the article, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever put that message on the receipt was aiming it more toward the terrible waitress that left, rather than the family.

Either that, of that entire restaurant is staffed by pricks who shouldn't be in customer service business. That family didn't do anything wrong, annoying, of out of line.

• Like 1