Android and buyer's remorse/iOS

Having recently dived fully into Android by buying all 3 Google Nexus devices, I've found myself recently with a little buyer's remorse over my phone. It's part crappy battery life and part missing some apps like Action Move FX and having Siri. Have any of you ever switched from Android BACK to iOS? I think Android is quickly taking the lead on the war with iOS until Apple does something drastic to change iOS. Even so, is it possible for me to have an iPhone and just swap the micro sim card and use my iphone or nexus 4 depending on what I'm doing and my mood?

Having recently dived fully into Android by buying all 3 Google Nexus devices, I've found myself recently with a little buyer's remorse over my phone. It's part crappy battery life and part missing some apps like Action Move FX and having Siri. Have any of you ever switched from Android BACK to iOS? I think Android is quickly taking the lead on the war with iOS until Apple does something drastic to change iOS. Even so, is it possible for me to have an iPhone and just swap the micro sim card and use my iphone or nexus 4 depending on what I'm doing and my mood?

Not sure what Action Move FX is, but Google Now is an awesome competitor to Siri. However, you may be able to just swap the mico sim card, the data and all that is the same, no special networks or anything.

Battery life can be just fine on an android device. You just have to keep under control the number of things you have syncing data and running in the background keeping the phone from sleeping when the screen is off.

I just recently swapped back and forth. I have been a longtime iPhone user and a little over a month ago sold my iPhone 5 and bought a Galaxy S3. I kept it for a little over 3 weeks and just wasn't happy. Its got a great screen but just wasn't happy overall, so I traded it back in and bought another iPhone 5. I have had it 1 week today and must say, I am very happy I went back iOS. While iOS has gotten bland, its the overall polish and apps that made me come back.

• Like 1

Try actually looking for alternatives. I brought an iPod touch and got bored of it quickly, I am however on my 4th Android phone. Neutron MP combined with Voodoo sound give me an audio experience I could never have on an iOS device.

I just recently swapped back and forth. I have been a longtime iPhone user and a little over a month ago sold my iPhone 5 and bought a Galaxy S3. I kept it for a little over 3 weeks and just wasn't happy. Its got a great screen but just wasn't happy overall, so I traded it back in and bought another iPhone 5. I have had it 1 week today and must say, I am very happy I went back iOS. While iOS has gotten bland, its the overall polish and apps that made me come back.

Your story sounds like mine when I went to WP with the previous Lumia. If I were to do back to iPhone I'd wait for the 5s most likely.

Neutron MP

Could you share your NeutronMP config, as in EQ et al by way of screenshots if it isn't too much trouble?

I tried using it but was kinda lost in it's settings. I've heard great things about it :D

It's what you're used to, but I can't use an iPhone after Android being my first smartphone. The capabilities on Android far exceed that on the iPhone (it's been that way for a long time). The fit and finish on Android has gotten better, and so has the marketplace for apps, and such. To me, iPhone just has a more fluid UI (and even that's getting better on Android - see project butter), and nothing else. Everything else is all about the Apple ecosystem, and I just refuse to get locked into an ecosystem. Bottom line is use what you want and stick with it. One phone/OS will work for someone, and it won't for someone else.

This thread just screams troll bait

I?m actually having a bit of the opposite. I upgraded my old iPhone 3G that was jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile pre-paid to an iPhone 5 on Sprint. Initially it was felt great, partially from the hardware upgrade and partially from being on an actual plan that included data and an abundance of minutes.

As time has gone on, I?ve become less and less impressed with the iPhone 5 and iOS. Things like the 50mb limit for apps and iTunes downloads over cellular, even though I have an unlimited data plan and even though I can use 3rd party apps to download files over 50mb.

Then there?s having to contend with iTunes. Recently I had to get a large voice memo off the phone, and iTunes gives no option. I ended up having to attach and email account and then saw the memo into 8 minute chunks (another artificial limitation) and emailing it to myself. Only later did I find out the iTunes had synced the files off the iPhone to a folder I didn?t even know about.

I feel like there are times I wish I had more control over it. Why do I still get notifications for an app when I?ve turned off notifications in everyway I can and it?s not running? Why are the Weather and Stocks widgets the only Widgets on the notification screen?

And I didn?t expect much from Siri, but after loading up Google Search and seeing how much faster and accurate the voice search is, it?s disappointing.

It just seems like little nuisances you wouldn?t see on Android.

I think I?ll be heading over to Android next time I upgrade. Little things like a removable battery, expandable memory, and quicker hardware refreshes don?t really add much for me and wasn?t enough to get me to switch this time. But the more open nature is swaying me. I?d like to be able to root my phone or side load apps.

I'd never buy an iPhone and I like Android but I'm just getting a bit bored of it really. No issues with it per se except for the fragmented nature of getting updates from your carrier/device maker

I'm just more interested in WP8 these days. Being in Canada I'd love BlackBerry10 to be a hit but we'll wait and see on that one.

I certainly didn't mean it to become a troll thread. I was just curious how my people switched back to iOS due to buyer's remorse or whatever reason. I also wanted to know if I could just swap the sim card if I were to buy an iPhone again.

You can definitely swap the sim back and forth if you're on a GSM carrier. I'd say give the Android a little more time. Apps will of course vary between the two ecosystems. Some are on both, but a lot of times you may have to find an alternative, and of course these alternatives may not be as good sometimes, but sometimes they'll be even better. As for as Siri goes, I've never been much of a fan. Google Now is far more useful, but I get that Siri is fun to play with. If you've got both then sure, you can swap around for whatever fits your mood, but I'd bet the N4 grows on you still.

Did you do your research before buying the phones? Before you get into something, you should always do your research so you will have an idea about what to look for/etc...

my wife has the ios6 on iphone 4 ... and at this point in time I find it that jelly bean - on galaxy s2 is on par with it - including broken bits and good parts

never the less I think it comes down to prefference (the iphone is not JB but the samsung is rooted - running CM10 - that could have something to do with it

Did you do your research before buying the phones? Before you get into something, you should always do your research so you will have an idea about what to look for/etc...

Oh yeah. I've been an iPhone user since the first one through the 5. The OS got stale for me and Googles devices were very attractively priced as well as having impressive hardware. I still love my Nexus 4, but I find myself missing the iPhone a little. I'll probably get over it especially as Android gets better.

And by the way, I found a very easy way to root my Nexus 10 and did it last night. Now I am just trying to find out why I did it lol. I do have the Sixaxis app which requires root access but I'm apparently supposed to connect a controller to the Nexus which I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that. I suppose now that it's rooted, I can installed the XMBC app right?

Oh yeah. I've been an iPhone user since the first one through the 5. The OS got stale for me and Googles devices were very attractively priced as well as having impressive hardware. I still love my Nexus 4, but I find myself missing the iPhone a little. I'll probably get over it especially as Android gets better.

And by the way, I found a very easy way to root my Nexus 10 and did it last night. Now I am just trying to find out why I did it lol. I do have the Sixaxis app which requires root access but I'm apparently supposed to connect a controller to the Nexus which I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that. I suppose now that it's rooted, I can installed the XMBC app right?

You could have used XBMC without root. :laugh: Download here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/

As for as Siri goes, I've never been much of a fan. Google Now is far more useful, but I get that Siri is fun to play with.

I can not believe how far Google Now is ahead of Siri.. Its amazing the difference. Just the voice alone is so much so realistic on Google now, and the answers are almost instant.. I can't wait for a jailbreak to come out for my 5 just so I can set Google as my default to replace Siri.

Having recently dived fully into Android by buying all 3 Google Nexus devices, I've found myself recently with a little buyer's remorse over my phone.

How have you found the Nexus 7? I'm thinking of picking one up and always interested to hear real people's experiences.

I can not believe how far Google Now is ahead of Siri.. Its amazing the difference. Just the voice alone is so much so realistic on Google now, and the answers are almost instant.. I can't wait for a jailbreak to come out for my 5 just so I can set Google as my default to replace Siri.

It's amazing how far Android has come in the last year.

How have you found the Nexus 7? I'm thinking of picking one up and always interested to hear real people's experiences.

The 7 was readily available from the Play store right from Google. I love the compact size and how light is, and also a great display.