how much from england to china?

hi I wanted to do a trip this or next year to china... but I wanted to drive there (get a boat to france then onwards) how long and how much would it cost me to drive there ? going on average fuel prices ? and toll costs ? any help would be great :D ?

I'd say your best bet would be ferry to Russia then along the trans siberian highway which might take about 2 weeks as it takes about a week on the trans siberian railway and it might be cheaper to just fly.

I'd say your best bet would be ferry to Russia then along the trans siberian highway which might take about 2 weeks as it takes about a week on the trans siberian railway and it might be cheaper to just fly.

:p yee but drivings more fun i want to hit the coutries on the way :p

:p yee but drivings more fun i want to hit the coutries on the way :p

Yeah also what will you be driving in cause when you're taking a trip through different countries the roads won't always be good so you might wana take something hardy but easy to fix and find parts for.

hi I wanted to do a trip this or next year to china... but I wanted to drive there (get a boat to france then onwards) how long and how much would it cost me to drive there ? going on average fuel prices ? and toll costs ? any help would be great :D ?

bing is your friend here, unfortunately google maps is useless at any trip over a long distance.

you can drag the route to places you want to see and bing will work out all the details for you :)

4Byaf.jpg

tA4WD.jpg

looks like about 9000 miles, average say 35 mpg means about 1200 litres of fuel, at uk prices (?1.40ish a litre) ?1680 in fuel alone

edit, oh yeh you gotta drive back too ;)

uk prices? isnt it like 2thirds cheaper in the rest of the world haha .... also 3 of us maybe going...and have about 3000 each to spend (cant drive by my self would take longer and i would die ... lol ) ... also il probs find a standard car make for the trip like a ford or something (easy to fix and to get parts, maybe even a jeep cause they go for miles)..

bing is your friend here, unfortunately google maps is useless at any trip over a long distance.

you can drag the route to places you want to see and bing will work out all the details for you :)

4Byaf.jpg

tA4WD.jpg

haha i tried google! think il stick to the northen route... the middle eastern one might get me killed

After the seeing the map, ARE YOU CRAZY?

its not that bad! its all driveable ... take me a few weeks ...put 1 or 2 months aside for the trip.... maybe get a burn car so i can fly back

Takes about 5 days non stop 24 hour driving according to bing maps. On a side note I would love to make a trip like that in my car. Just me and maybe a friend (preferably someone I can have sex with on breaks) and the open road.

Like my uncle use to say, if you have to ask how much it costs then you probably can't afford it.

I hate that saying! lol I can afford it :p I recently spent 2grand on a japan trip... I think 3 grand would be enough for travel and munch on the way! ... and thats just my share! if i need more il get more :p that saying really grinds my gears haha !

Takes about 5 days non stop 24 hour driving according to bing maps. On a side note I would love to make a trip like that in my car. Just me and maybe a friend (preferably someone I can have sex with on breaks) and the open road.

I know what you mean! my friends are up for a large road trip (maybe to russia and back dont know if they can stand the china trip though but I am trying! ) I will try and get some ass along but i fear a broke back mountain trip ...

Pretty damn fun adventure. Remember to sort out all your visas and plan alternative routes as don;t be surprised if not all of you make it across various borders.

You've more chance with the more northern route and i'd take that one anyway as i'd be more interested in it.

If you want to swing through Switzerland on the way then I'll jump in the car with you. That said, my plan is for February, and given work time constraints I think I'll just stick to the plane. :p

Good luck though. I saw that Ewan McGregor show where him and Charley Boorman did something similar on their bikes. Seems like one heck of an experience.

Sounds like one lucky dude gets to ride along with you. Hey Intrinsica just volunteered!! W00T!! open road and sex here you come!

No pun intended.

Also, good luck getting a visa to go through Russia, if you have no one to sponsor you then its most likely not going to happen.

well this is the kind of stuff i need to know ... see i will look into that now ... and sponsor? I have russian friends but they are not really important ..

If you want a taveling companion then count me in cause i love long trips by road it's why i always take the bus to London rather than Train!

still some time away ... by the looks of it atleast 18 months ... cause in 14 months im off to japan again (all confirmed) but by plane ... might see if i can convince them to go with me to china thjen fly to japan then fly home but i doubt it they said after japan ;(