Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Looks like it shut itself down due to a malformed entity, I think the villagers tried to summon Herobrine. :shiftyninja:

It's back up now :) 

Just as a heads-up: Minecraft 1.10 will be released soon-ish; 1.10-pre1 was released last week.

I plan on updating to it as soon as there's a Spigot build. Because polar bears.

i was running a 1.10 snapshot server for a bit for my server staff team and lets just say the polar bears are awesome

Does updating the server to 1.10 give us access (those of us not on Creative) to the new blocks?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Tjarboe said:

Does updating the server to 1.10 give us access (those of us not on Creative) to the new blocks?

Thanks!

You have to travel to in-generated areas for the new blocks to generate, webmap should help find a nearby area. :)

7 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Never understood the popularity of this game.

Still dont

SMH

Sometimes people just want to chill and place blocks, it's like Lego but with the occasional death. :p

22 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Still dont

SMH

You can literally build whatever you want.  It's kind of cool to set up elaborate traps and mechanisms inside the castle you built that is shaped like a giant Pokemon or something, :p

2 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Still dont

SMH

I never understood the popularity of games like COD, Halo, Mario etc. Still don't.

Hi,

I've only been playing on Neowin for a little while. My boyfriend got me on so we'd have a nice place to play together. Unfortunately, seemingly since the new update, I can only log in for about 3 seconds before i get a Java failure message and I am kicked from the game... anyone else having this issue? I'd really like to get playing again. My boyfriend, vtnwesley,  is also having a similar problem.  The error is something like "java.net.connection exception failure" 

Thanks,

FearTheDirector 

Just now, FearTheDirector said:

Hi,

I've only been playing on Neowin for a little while. My boyfriend got me on so we'd have a nice place to play together. Unfortunately, seemingly since the new update, I can only log in for about 3 seconds before i get a Java failure message and I am kicked from the game... anyone else having this issue? I'd really like to get playing again. My boyfriend, vtnwesley,  is also having a similar problem.  The error is something like "java.net.connection exception failure" 

Thanks,

FearTheDirector 

I believe the server has crashed, as I was on when you logged in and the server kicked me off and went down. Hopefully if an admin can restart it you'll be able to play.

Just now, illumination said:

I believe the server has crashed, as I was on when you logged in and the server kicked me off and went down. Hopefully if an admin can restart it you'll be able to play.

Ah okay. I hope it was just that but this is about the 3rd or 4th time over the past few days this has happened to me... :/ Also sorry if I crashed your game somehow 

22 minutes ago, FearTheDirector said:

Ah okay. I hope it was just that but this is about the 3rd or 4th time over the past few days this has happened to me... :/ Also sorry if I crashed your game somehow 

No worries, I don't think it was you. Will wait for an admin to take a look.

Okay. Twice now I've crashed someone else's game on the server just by logging in. I don't know what's going on but it really seems like it could be linked to me somehow. :(

7 hours ago, FearTheDirector said:

Okay. Twice now I've crashed someone else's game on the server just by logging in. I don't know what's going on but it really seems like it could be linked to me somehow. :(

For whatever reason you were in a corrupted chunk, which crashes the server. I reset your player data, so you will find yourself back at spawn. The easiest way to get to your boyfriend is to use the /tpa command. 

On 6/19/2016 at 4:45 AM, FearTheDirector said:

Thank you! I wonder how that happened :/ sorry to cause trouble 

Not your fault - one of the chunks you walked into is corrupted, something I need to look into. 

12 hours ago, illumination said:

The server appears to be on 1.9.4, was it rolled back for some reason?

That was my mistake - I need to clean out old .jar files. It's on 1.10 now, with 1.10.1 or 1.10.2 following soon,

2 hours ago, Frank B. said:

That was my mistake - I need to clean out old .jar files. It's on 1.10 now, with 1.10.1 or 1.10.2 following soon,

That's great. Thanks Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm either playing Modded Minecraft singleplayer or working through my games backlog. If you catch me on i'm probably giving the server a kick or teaching William how to Minecraft. :p