Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Finished the fort, only issue atm is no hostiles spawning within the fort in multiplayer but a few spots can spawn hostiles in 1.7 single player :/

North side: Fishing (NW), 3 normal animal pens for cow/sheep/pig and a smaller pen for chickens(NE).
a2M5mEW.png

South side: Nether Portal(SE), 3 normal plots for wheat/potato/carrot and a smaller plot for melon and pumpkin(SW).
Z62rsyq.png

Also 16 smallish plots for whatever the mods decide to put in.

• Like 2

Also me and Louisifer have put the beginnings of a rail station that reaches out towards each of the four main directions. These are ready to be linked to when we have the resources available to do so once the map is set and players have built settlements.

MCEdit can copy any block, even ones it doesn't know about (You can copy and paste mod blocks, etc.) as long as the data is stored in a sane way (That is, some mods store their data outside of the normal block data, that stuff goes missing). Biomes are handled differently though so you'd want something like Biome Painter

Dear ops, don't go too far with creative. You should be vanilla survival players too (but with Ops to control players, not environment)

That's the idea. The only liberty I might allow myself is to build a home near the fortress using creative mode before opening the server to the public. Nothing too lavish, mind you.

As for the switch to 1.7: The earliest I'll get to work on it is by 19:00 CEST today. Chasethebase and Louisifer have the details for the server login as well; if they want they can start the process before then. </nudgenudge>

That's the idea. The only liberty I might allow myself is to build a home near the fortress using creative mode before opening the server to the public. Nothing too lavish, mind you.

No!

You get a dirt hovel ONLY!

Well, ok maybe a mixed wood hoosey.

But ROADS are to be made as survival also. Bleed the spawn roads to dirt tracks and they can be upgraded naturally.

If we're going to try make this server grow without resetting over and over, make as much as natural progression as possible.

I'm not going to start building a massive road network this time. Extend them ~100 blocks from the fortress walls maybe, then leave it up to players to build more. 

After that YouTube money? :P

I'll be on around 5pm BST, I will try a few worlds out and see what I can do from my side :)

bananatricks looks awesome if you like places that look ugly :P

anyone got a 64x64 neowin logo, I don't have anything on my pc that handles transparency :(

Louisifer: It'll be a while longer until I get home. (Thanks, German Rail...)

If you want to start the server setup. And hop on to IRC later for easier communication.

I'm in irc now,

I have set up a local server and set all the settings correct. (I think)

Large biomes, spawn is at the edge of a Plains biome with a Savannah biome a little bit to the east.

Should be a quick setup :)

I'm in irc now,

I have set up a local server and set all the settings correct. (I think)

Large biomes, spawn is at the edge of a Plains biome with a Savannah biome a little bit to the east.

Should be a quick setup :)

what username u under?