Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Won't be on until tonight, but did the command args fix the lag?  Was brutal last night.

Yeh Timan was able to get it using all the ram and its working great now! :)

Yeh Timan was able to get it using all the ram and its working great now! :)

Awesome.  Will be on tonight for sure.. now if only I could get the trees to grow lol.

now that its stable i can start working on the server rather than my friends weekend group server. (which is kind of cheating being that no one else will be playing on it till next weekend and i already have 17 diamonds lol.

It's stable apart from the usual share of glitches Minecraft comes with, there's no Bukkit yet - but it works, and works well now. And it's configured the way the community wanted it to.

Not sure if my request to get whitelisted was missed a couple of pages back, but could you please whitelist me. my username is Tolinbras

The server does run on Windows Server 2012...

It does? That's surprising. I realize that this is Neowin, but Minecraft Server Manager - which is clearly the only sane way to run a Minecraft server - is not supported on Windows!

Also, could I please be whitelisted again? My Minecraft username is the same as my Neowin one.

Not sure if my request to get whitelisted was missed a couple of pages back, but could you please whitelist me. my username is Tolinbras

It does? That's surprising. I realize that this is Neowin, but Minecraft Server Manager - which is clearly the only sane way to run a Minecraft server - is not supported on Windows!

Also, could I please be whitelisted again? My Minecraft username is the same as my Neowin one.

Whitelisted both of you.

hmm, trying to connect to the server and it says I am not whiltelisted. The server name/ip is still the same as in the first post of the thread correct: mc.neowin.net/207.36.27.103?

hmm, trying to connect to the server and it says I am not whiltelisted. The server name/ip is still the same as in the first post of the thread correct: mc.neowin.net/207.36.27.103?

Yes. It's possible I mistyped your MC login while whitelisting you - however I can't check as I am at work now. Sorry.

You'll have to ask either Louisifer or Chasethebase to check.

thats ok no rush, I'd just home from work and thought i would jump on and get started but it won't let me.

might be a good thing I can't get on atm as I am cooking dinner and probably shouldn't get too distracted from that

thats ok no rush, I'd just home from work and thought i would jump on and get started but it won't let me.

might be a good thing I can't get on atm as I am cooking dinner and probably shouldn't get too distracted from that

Fixed :)

what about McMyAdmin? that's how i managed my server back when it was running and it worked rather well. and it supports all platforms

what about McMyAdmin? that's how i managed my server back when it was running and it worked rather well. and it supports all platforms

To be completely honest, I had not heard of that one before. The list of features looks impressive - and I can certainly understand why some Minecraft server admins would find it attractive - but based on a cursory overview of its advertised features it appears to have several disadvantages compared to Minecraft Server Manager. From a usability perspective, McMyAdmin appears to only allow administration via a GUI. While graphical interfaces (whether that be a web GUI or native GUI) are attractive in some cases, I consider them something to be avoided in server administration. Furthermore McMyAdmin imposes some ridiculous limitations on free users. For example, I see no reason why the server should be limited to 10 users in-game for the free personal version. The official Minecraft server binary is available for free and imposes no such restriction, so McMyAdmin is apparently doing extra work to impose an artificial restriction in that regard! There are also several features which Minecraft Server Manager prominently advertises - such as integrated backups, automatic server updates, convenient log access, and support for running multiple Minecraft servers simultaneously on the same host - which the McMyAdmin documentation makes no mention of. Finally, McMyAdmin seems to be fairly light on official documentation and is not open-source. I think I'll pass.

Was hoping to have my buddy whitelisted.  He was whitelisted before the wipe:  m0rpheux

Thanks.

Done.

What pixellated devilry is this?

User "robosaturn" (minecraft), a.k.a. "markjensen" (Neowin) wants to know!

whitelist, please. =)