Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

now that SLI is back up and running on my computer (Windows 8.1 update could not recognize my second graphics card so i had to wait for a vBIOS update.) I will see how well MC runs now lol.

A few notes about the server:

I'm hoping there won't be a need for a reset again anytime soon. 1.7 kind of necessitated it with the terrain generation and biome changes.

If anything we'll add Bukkit and a handful of plug-ins once they're compatible with 1.7. Other than that the server is going to remain mostly vanilla, survival only. 

Keep on building and make it a truly epic Minecraft world! :)

Just curious, but could the first post be updated to show what is currently set up on the server?   It doesn't seem to reflect what is there much at all (not that I know much about switching game modes or such). But is there a survival and a creative world?

The First post is very outdated now, we have reset twice since it was written. (due to new biomes) We used to have Survival & Creative but it required more plugins and slower to upgrade to new MC versions, We now have just one world that is survival only :)

Perhaps split the thread to when 1.7 was released.

Meph/Louicifer can make a new front page.

Archive and unstick the old thread and sticky the 1.7 split new thread....?

The First post is very outdated now, we have reset twice since it was written. (due to new biomes) We used to have Survival & Creative but it required more plugins and slower to upgrade to new MC versions, We now have just one world that is survival only  :)

Send me some txt and ill update it for ya bud :)

Chasethebase was in favour of splitting the thread, if we go with that I think not from when 1.7 was released, instead after my little accident. :shiftyninja:

Maybe for now just update server version from 1.4.7 to 1.7.1 and strike through any lines referring to creative :)

oh and remove the port number from the live map url! (It's not up atm but when it is, it was changed to just mc.neowin.net a long time ago)

Crisp had a good idea on the server: Post a brief article about the MC server on the front page to attract new players. Ideally with screenshots showing off what has been built already. Thoughts?

timan was going to do that ages ago i think. I provided pictures for it.

Nothing ever happened though.

I think it is a good idea, although i think you'll see a lot more one post wonders asking to be white listed.

timan was going to do that ages ago i think. I provided pictures for it.

Nothing ever happened though.

I think it is a good idea, although i think you'll see a lot more one post wonders asking to be white listed.

We're still going to be careful who can come on and who not. 

At the moment there are 40 whitelisted players, 33 of which have been on the server. Not too bad a player base for a start I reckon. Also there are usually some players on now, unlike before the reset...

I am still surprised we have not decided to use a web portal to handle the Whitelist requests as well as to display some information about the server itself.

Last night I collected enough eyes of ender from people to activate the End Portal, I have made a short pathway onto the land and a long path away from the island ready for the ender farm.

Some people are ready to fight the dragon now, but it should be an event for as many as possible to attend.

So when do we want to fight it?

I propose either later tonight or tomorrow night and on Hard :D

Can i be whitelisted again please?

I stopped playing vanilla because I play FTB mostly now, however Id like to play vanilla again since there are new updates :)

Can i be whitelisted again please?

I stopped playing vanilla because I play FTB mostly now, however Id like to play vanilla again since there are new updates :)

Re-added :)