Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Thanks man! Just indirectly discovered MC Ports are blocked at work, I'll be online when I get home :D

you should set up an SSH tunnel at home, that's what i do to play at my college :rofl:

Add me: firey

Not sure how the servers work, but I want to be in the Survival.

you start in a central hub, and you choose one side or the other

Add me: firey

Not sure how the servers work, but I want to be in the Survival.

Added.

All you have to do is to use the correct portal from the spawn point.

I have a VPN I could use, but am a bit too busy right now. Thanks anyway :D

One of the reasons I can't work in an office enviroment! Dual screen set-up. MC and work.

Or maybe some Halo 2...

Looks like a good time, sign me up. MC Username: rdlenk

Are you considering DynMap for the live map? It?s pretty resource intense when rendering in high resolution but the finished product is nice. Beware the storage requirements though; the actual Minecraft map(s) may only be 100MB but the high-res DynMap could be >2GB depending on the settings.

Thanks!

Sounds like fun, I might jump on after a while... jta827

Looks like a good time, sign me up. MC Username: rdlenk

Are you considering DynMap for the live map? It?s pretty resource intense when rendering in high resolution but the finished product is nice. Beware the storage requirements though; the actual Minecraft map(s) may only be 100MB but the high-res DynMap could be >2GB depending on the settings.

Thanks!

Can you add me? Username: pinchedpistacio

I may have some time after Xmas. User: Neg127

Done.

One of the reasons I can't work in an office enviroment! Dual screen set-up. MC and work.

Thats what I have setup in the office! Retina MacBook Pro + 27" Apple Cinema Display. Mac OS on the Retina, Windows 8 VM on the Cinema display. Turned out not to be a port block in the end, the VPN Software I'm using (Viscosity) was somehow breaking the connection to the Server. Turning off the VPN has allowed me to connect without any issues. Setup a rule to not forward any traffic from Java Processes and it's fine now.

Heads up, new minecraft was released. If you plan on playing here, DO NOT upgrade yet. We'll need to wait for bukkit to be supported first. So prob this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up!

Long time lurker, first time poster..

Would love to be able to play on your server..

Username is mic18u

Thanks

Done.

safe to upgrade yet?

No, not yet. I'd imagine Timan will post in this thread as soon as it's safe to upgrade your client.

i would love to come to your server, my nick is the same as my neowin nick.

thnx!

Done.

Can you please set online mode to false in the config.txt!!!!

Um. How about no? If you want to play on the Neocraft server, buy the game.

Add me please, my username is zuexo

joep1984

I am not very original when it comes to my online persona.

Done.

Just attempted and failed on updating to 1.4.6, so going to stay on 1.4.5 for a few more days.

I normally wait for Craftbukkit Beta builds before updating. Craftbukkit Dev is great for plugin developers, but it often has memory and stability problems in my experience.

I normally wait for Craftbukkit Beta builds before updating. Craftbukkit Dev is great for plugin developers, but it often has memory and stability problems in my experience.

agreed