Let's never forget about dementia

One of our Belgian radio stations is doing their yearly charity event week, but this year they decided to not make it all about raising money but about raising awareness for a problem many people seem to forget about.

Dementia.

All week long people will be doing random acts of kindness to everyone wearing a Music For Life badge (which you can get at every newspaper stand), to thank them for not forgetting about dementia. We should be at our best every day. Don't waste the time you have doing nothing, do something that counts. However small, make people happy.

It really hit me when I saw this video. Since music is one of the few things people remember well the radio station decided to learn Follow Me by Muse to a choir of people with dementia and their family. They performed in Belgium's largest concert arena before the Muse concert tonight. It's probably the most touching thing I've seen this year and it really made me realize how important the people you love are, and you should never forget them.

It's something we will all have to deal with in time. People who taught us everything, who protected us and who loved us won't always be able to remember.

Let's never forget about dementia, let's never forget about eachother.

We're too bust freaking out about guns to give two ****s about the real issue of mental health and the lack of treatment most people get here in the US

At least someone somewhere cares and will do some good, just won't come from the US, we have rights to trample over instead

It's an extremely touching song in this light. They're the people who were there for us for years and years.

And all too often when they're in need of us, when they need our protection, love and support we're not there anymore.

We send them to retirement homes and usually don't visit them nearly enough.

It's an extremely touching song in this light. They're the people who were there for us for years and years, and all too often when they're in need of us, when they need our protection, love and support we're not there anymore. We send them to retirement homes and usually don't nearly visit them enough.

Yep, out of sight, out of mind

Unfortunately that is many peoples mindsets