Ready for the apocalypse?

So are you guys ready for the end of the world?

Personally I have a pocket knife that a friend of mine gave me for christmas that also doubles as a fork and a spoon. Needless to say I keep it in my pocket at all times!

Sounds like you will be absolutely fine so long as you keep it with you at all times :laugh:

I'd forgotten about the end of the world until now, its the missus' birthday tomorrow too so don't be surprised if the end of the world is delayed until Saturday ;)

• Like 2

Is it going to be in GMT? Who's time is it going to be in so I can set my alarm?

I'm just going to keep setting my phone to the previous day, that should stave off the end of the world :p

• Like 3

Is it going to be in GMT? Who's time is it going to be in so I can set my alarm?

It will occur at the stroke of midnight in each timezone, so if you want to live longer, move to the country that is the furthest behind and watch all the other countries exploding one by one until it reaches you ;)

I'm just going to keep setting my phone to the previous day, that should stave off the end of the world :p

It will occur at the stroke of midnight in each timezone, so if you want to live longer, move to the country that is the furthest behind and watch all the other countries exploding one by one until it reaches you ;)

I think I'll just set my phone rather then running from country to country.

• Like 2

I haven't read much about this, what do they think is going to happen?

That the world will just stop spinning and everything will dissapear? or that monsters will come? aliens?

I mean wtf

• Like 3

Well that's sort of the point. People think that 21st December will be the end of the world because this is when the Mayan Calendar stops. What people choose to ignore is that the Mayans had three separate calendars, and the calendar that has people scared (the long count calendar) is actually just finishing a cycle in the same way that our Gregorian calendar finishes a cycle once a year. There is no mention of the end of the long count calendar's cycle being the end of the world.

Infomation about the Mayan Calendar.

Mayan-calendar-comic.jpg

That the world will just stop spinning and everything will dissapear? or that monsters will come? aliens?

I mean wtf

Like Intrinsica said and then they have all sort of scenarios, for example a polar shift, which scientists have said by the way is impossible according to the layout of the continents. Oh and some say that some long lost planet will collide with the earth and then there are solar flares and so on so on!

Why 11:11PM ?

Surely 12:12am or 12:21am would be better, or 21:12

my thoughts exactly

or even 12:00 for the end of the calendar or something (or would that be 00:00)

Don't know about end of the world, but I am so taking a picture of the clock at 21/12 21:12 lol

also did it at 12/12/12 12:12 because Im sad

Another one for 11:11 !

Time until Friday, 21 December 2012, 11:11:00

my thoughts exactly

or even 12:00 for the end of the calendar or something (or would that be 00:00)

Don't know about end of the world, but I am so taking a picture of the clock at 21/12 21:12 lol

also did it at 12/12/12 12:12 because Im sad

I was all set and ready to screenshot 12:34:56 - 7/8/9

30 seconds to go and a customer walked in and made me miss it lol

22 December = World Hangover Day

i bought several bottles of wine, in case the world ends, i wont feel much,... drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

(plus the added hangover of the night before, lol)