• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP Installation Problems on Raid HELP!!!

WishBone17    0

Ok i start off with my system config:

- Pentium III 1000mhz

- 512mb SD ram (PC133

- Iwill Sideraid 100

- Western Digital WDC WD30 30.0GB UATA 100 EIDE hard drives ( x 2 raid 0)

I've used "FDISK" to partition my raid hard drive into two (50/50 exactly) which leaves a 30GB C: and a 30GB D:, everything is fine, Windows ME runs perfect without a problem.

When i install XP i get to the blue screen area where i choose my partition, it scans the hard drive then it suddenly says "Drive C:/ is corrupted, press any key to abort". Why does it say my C:/ drive is corrupted when its perfect cause Windows ME is running fine on it, please help cause this is driving me nuts.

Thanks

nigel.pinder    0

Afraid I can`t offer any help, I have the same problem with an onboard Highpoint RAID array.

Win ME is fine, Win 2000 installs fine, but WinXP says C is corrupted.

I installed to a non RAID drive, which went without a hitch, installed the RAID drivers then tried copying the image to the RAID drives, but that didn`t boot either.

I know it isn`t an answer, but you are not alone....

Nigel.

Snakeyes    0

Wishbone you are not alone.Looks like a lot of users are having problems with raid. Checkout the following news group:

microsoft.private.wpp.hardware

Cheers

Neep    0
Originally posted by WishBone17  

Ok i start off with my system config:

- Pentium III 1000mhz

- 512mb SD ram (PC133

- Iwill Sideraid 100

- Western Digital WDC WD30 30.0GB UATA 100 EIDE hard drives ( x 2 raid 0)

I've used "FDISK" to partition my raid hard drive into two (50/50 exactly) which leaves a 30GB C: and a 30GB D:, everything is fine, Windows ME runs perfect without a problem.

When i install XP i get to the blue screen area where i choose my partition, it scans the hard drive then it suddenly says "Drive C:/ is corrupted, press any key to abort". Why does it say my C:/ drive is corrupted when its perfect cause Windows ME is running fine on it, please help cause this is driving me nuts.

Thanks

you did press f6 to install your RAID drivers right?

+Tikimotel    23
Originally posted by Neep  

you did press f6 to install your RAID drivers right?

XP has native HPT370 support! and can detect it during boot/install.

Elin27    0

I got the same problems on HPT370 (Non RAID bios) too....I got exactly the same error (C is either damaged or Corrupted)...However, the situtation is I can't install Win2k but work perfect on WinXP and WinME :)

I don't think it's related to RAID or NON RAID issue..Since I tried to unplug everything and try only to install the Win2k on the regular IDE connector (which mean not connected the one to HPT370) but still get the same ERROR..that's pretty WEiRD!

btw, My MOBO is Abit BE6 II V1.2 (HPT370 BIOS)

nigel.pinder    0

I have tried using the built in XP drivers or pressing F6, neither made the slightest bit of difference.

Shame.

I`ve also tried the Corporate version that is about now, unfortunately it is exactly the same :-(

I managed to install it in Win2k by disabling the HPT370 in the BIOS, installing to a normal IDE drive, enabling HPT370, then install the drivers in Win2K when it asks, then copy the partition to the RAID drive and it worked fine, but WinXP won`t.

It might help you get RAID in Win2K if you need it...

I`ve tried installing Xp to a blank partition and to a formatted FAT32 partition, but they all come up with the corrupted C drive message...

Nigel.