'Pitch Perfect' Sequel Planned

zViCt.png

Pitch Perfect is to receive a sequel in the near future, according to actor Skylar Astin.

Astin has confirmed that he is attending a meeting at Universal to discuss reprising his role for a follow-up to the musical comedy, MovieWeb reports.

"I do have a meeting with a Universal representative next week. And I know that Rebel Wilson had hers last weekend. It's definitely a talking point," he said.

The actor went on to say that song selection could prove to be a bone of contention for the sequel as the filmmakers must ensure the soundtrack is still relevant when the movie arrives in cinemas.

"If we film this next year, and it doesn't come out for another year and a half, will that song still be popular? Will it be overplayed? I think they did such a perfect job," Astin added.

"The music landed so perfectly when it came out the first time, I can't imagine, if the same people are involved, that lightning won't strike twice. I will sing whatever they want me to sing."

The original Pitch Perfect raked in $76 million in box office takings from a budget of just $17 million.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a446784/pitch-perfect-sequel-planned-by-universal.html

Just watched the first one the other day and it was hilariously awesome. I would easily watch a sequel.