Disney

pp530pet.png

It?s officially official: Disney?s Cars spinoff Planes is getting a theatrical release after all. Though the film was initially set for a direct-to-DVD release, hints started surfacing this past summer that Disney was considering releasing the film theatrically instead, as John Lasseter had grown particularly fond of the pic. Today, Disney announced that Planes will indeed open in theaters on August 9, 2013.

As one can surmise, Planes takes place in Cars? terrifying world of anthropomorphic vehicles and centers on an eclectic international cast of the aerial variety. The story focuses on Dusty, ?a small town dreamer who longs to enter the most epic around-the-world air race? despite his fear of heights.? Essentially it?s a cross between Cars and the atrocious Cars 2, but with planes. The film is not, however, being produced by Pixar.

http://collider.com/planes-release-date-august-9-2013/219516/

• 2 weeks later...

That looks awful. I don't know why they need to say stuff like "All this thrust, a single prop". It's not very appealing to kids!

kids aren't gonna care what thats implying to anyway

I am totally sure that this will be their weakest film for a LONG time, no interest from me here :/

no offense but its not supposed to be for you......now my kids will love this

no offense but its not supposed to be for you......now my kids will love this

none taken :p in recent Disney movies they have appealed to adults and kids alike this does seem kids motivated though 100%

It looks like little more than pro-military propaganda. I mean, it's best to get them while they're young. (Y)

It looks like little more than pro-military propaganda. I mean, it's best to get them while they're young. (Y)

Not quite sure if both watched the same vid or not. All I saw was a trailer for what looks like an interesting movie.

Oh Jesus fing Christ!! STFU no one cares about your America hating opinions

• Like 2

Little kids like planes, i like planes. As a kid i was obsessed with jet fighters, watching videos, making models. Am i a pilot in the military now? Nope.

Was thinking it's a cartoon that tells kids about how plane works and how can they fly so fast, and maybe how military technology advanced since WWII, aka an educational cartoon about all kind of planes.

But unfortunately another generic cartoon with lots of explosions. Don't we have enough this genre for kids already?

Anyway, lots of people will like it for sure.