Sign in to follow this  

God of War: Ascension Dual Shock controller

compl3x    6,263

The Japanese branch of Sony Computer Entertainment has revealed a new DualShock 3 controller on Thursday. The Playstation 3 accessory is based on the upcoming exclusive title, ?God of War: Ascension.? The face of Kratos, the main character in the video game can be seen on the right-hand side while the ?God of War? symbol is located on the directional buttons area. You can check out the images, as well as screens from the action-adventure title, in the slideshow at the top of this article.

The ?God of War: Ascension? DualShock 3 controller is bundled with the game in Japan. The package, which will also come with a Blade of Judgment in-game weapon, has a price tag of 9,980 yen, approximately $118.49 in U.S. dollars.

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/god-of-war-ascension-dualshock-3-controller-images-price-and-date-revealed

32OkN.jpg

efaTD.jpg

What do we think?

+Audioboxer    2,874

I actually quite like that and I'm a boring sod who always sticks with the default black controllers.

D. S.    426

That looks pretty cool but I would never pay that much for a controller.

Colin McGregor    569

$118 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Boxster17    78

That's not really a bad deal if you're willing to pay retail value for the items. It includes the game ($60) and a controller ($55) which is right in that ballpark.

That said they should still be cutting you a deal on it and I wouldn't think it would retail for that much if it did come stateside. Could easily see it still being priced at $100 though and that would be fairly reasonable for some collectible type item like that.

Fish    48

I honestly had to do a double-take. Thought it was some kind of desert camoflage

• Like 1

soniqstylz    1,048
while the ?God of War? symbol is located on the directional buttons area.

Also known as "Omega".

BTW, I apparently am getting the collector's edition as an XMas gift :)

Is anyone else playing the MP beta?

compl3x    6,263

Australia is also getting this conotrller:

God of War: Ascension won?t hit retail alone; Sony?s Australian representatives have sent over a few images of a new special edition Dual Shock 3 which will accompany the PlayStation 3 exclusive. The Kratos-themes controller will arrive in Australia on March 14. See it in full glory through the break.

God of War: Ascension is the first in the series to boast a multiplayer mode, which
today.

Price is $79.95 for the controller. No word on a bundle, yet.