Music player - What are you using?

Question

Hey folks - was just about to go looking for Foobar, but wondered if there's any decent music players that I'd missed out on that all the kids are using these days?

I'm using Windows, dont want to use iTunes or Windows Media Player, just wondered what was 'cool and hip' these days?

How come you don't use AIMP's library? I'm not yet at the stage of comprehensive management because the moment I've got my first 640GB HDD I've downloaded A LOT of linux distros that came with free music. Right now I just delete songs I don't like that happen to pop up on shuffle, but I do plan for something more organised eventually.

For two reasons: the Aimp library is an independent window/tool (?) from the player, and I prefer the way WMP manages the library, specifically the album art grouping and the way I can browse by folders..

I use xbox music on w8, jetaudio. But mostly listen to music on the go so music player on lumia 920...

I don't understand the craze about customizing the heck (esp looks) out of your music player. That's so 90s. Just use a player that has good library feature and can produce great sound. Then minimize it to tray ffs.

No love for J-River though? it's a very advanced media player and low on resources as well.

I just use MPC or VLC, only really listen to music when I'm having a drink so have no need for anything special, although I do love Winamps visualisations on my 40" TV @ 1080p