Paris Itinerary

I'm going with my girlfriend for our 10 year anniversary to Paris on December 26 to January 4th. We have an apartment for a week just north of the two islands on the Siene.

We are looking for tips on where to go and things to do regarding everything. We have a lose itinerary now and would like to add to it. Any suggestions?

We are from Chicago. And know no French. We are not renting a car so we will be relying on the Metro. I want to bring my old iphone 4 and get a SIM card for data. We got the museum and metro pass already. Unlimited.

I'm more looking for places most tourists don't go.

I recommend getting tripso (then download the Paris maps) for your iPhone as it will pin-point most of the destinations of interest. It's also free and can be used offline, I believe.

The Paris metro is a little confusing but easy when you know where it goes, so I suggest reading on about how it works. The temps are much warmer than Chicago at the moment, so whilst you might need a long sleeve top, raincoats are good enough, no need to bring thermals (about 12-13C atm).

I'll leave it to the others to suggest some good places to visit/eat as its been a while. I didn't run out of finding things to do there without an itinerary though, I just grabbed a map (pre-smartphone) and walked/metro'd it.

I recommend getting tripso (then download the Paris maps) for your iPhone as it will pin-point most of the destinations of interest. It's also free and can be used offline, I believe.

Tripit?