Flight [2012]

tumblr_mbbygmxNEX1qcwnv4o1_500.jpg

Denzel Washington strikes again. In the same astonishingly brilliant type of acting that you would expect from such a living legend. An absolute masterpiece of his, another one that is.

Movie, itself, is interesting and engaging. Flight, one of the very best of the past few years, filled with a memorable, arguably the best performance of the year, is one hell of a flight.

9.5 out of 10

I'll hopefully be watching it in the next few days, busy week and all.

I hear the actual story is very different to what the trailer makes it out to be like?

• 1 month later...

I rented it last night and boy was that awesome. D. Washington was phenomenal (not to mention his on-screen girlfriend...she was hot). The movie crash scene is amazing.

I rented it last night and boy was that awesome. D. Washington was phenomenal (not to mention his on-screen girlfriend...she was hot). The movie crash scene is amazing.

Agreed, very good performance... even annoying he gets on the juice very time it's like "c'mon man! let it go!"

This is an excellent movie, and yes, the trailer is a bit misconceiving, but that doesn't change how awesome the storyline is.

Worth the watch!

The plane problems in the movie actually happened: http://en.wikipedia....ines_Flight_261

The pilots of flight 261 did try to flip the plane to stop it from descending too fast, but the plane was beyond repair so it crashed :no:

Very interesting. Thanks. I think the producers of Flight were inspired by both the Flight 261 incident and the heroics of Captain Chelsey Sullenberger, who in January 15, 2009, managed to "land" his Airbus A320 on the Hudson River without killing a single soul or braking the plane apart. A true pilot, in my opinion.

Captain Sullenberger's Airbus A320 on display at Carolinas Aviation Museum, the plane's new home and resting place. It was put on display with the exact same condition it landed. Nothing was altered or fixed. I personally would love to go see it some day. What an amazing pilot that man is. Incredible.

N106US_aviation_museum.jpg

Captain Sullenberger's Airbus A320 on display at Carolinas Aviation Museum, the plane's new home and resting place. It was put on display with the exact same condition it landed. Nothing was altered or fixed. I personally would love to go see it some day. What an amazing pilot that man is. Incredible.

My DPE (designated pilot examiner) is a US airways captain + check airman, he knew sullenburger quite well.

Part of the inspiration for the movie could have come from this too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_232

Great film! Do not go into it expecting 'action'. The guy could have been driving a bus, but It highlights the pitfalls of substance abuse (alcohol or whatever), and its consequences, end of.

Great performance, once again, from Mr W! :)

**Edit**

What the hell has the 'Hudson River' got to do with this movie lol? Sullenberger was a true hero, the guy in this movie ain't, if you watched and understood it correctly.

Not what I was expecting but yes, awesome. Great performances all around.

Great film! Do not go into it expecting 'action'. The guy could have been driving a bus, but It highlights the pitfalls of substance abuse (alcohol or whatever), and its consequences, end of.

Great performance, once again, from Mr W! :)

**Edit**

What the hell has the 'Hudson River' got to do with this movie lol? Sullenberger was a true hero, the guy in the movie ain't, if you watched and understood it correctly.

The Hudson River incident doesn't have anything to do with the movie directly, but what we are saying is, the movie seems to have been inspired by the events that took place that day on January 15, 2009. Denzel Washington's character as a pilot is that of a man who's skill and wisdom saved most of his crew and passengers from certain death. Captain Sullenberger was that man in real life (minus the drugs and alcohol of course). His experience, wisdom and quick thinking saved his plane, passengers and crew. Not 1 person was killed and that my friend is amazing.

His experience, wisdom and quick thinking saved his plane, passengers and crew. Not 1 person was killed and that my friend is amazing.

Don't forget luck ;) There was both a lot of skill and luck involved.

You could be the best pilot in the world but there might come a time when your luck has run out and there's nothing you can do (Alaska Air 261). It's why the FAA/NTSB has "act of god" as one of the accident causes.

The Hudson River incident doesn't have anything to do with the movie directly, but what we are saying is, the movie seems to have been inspired by the events that took place that day on January 15, 2009. Denzel Washington's character as a pilot is that of a man who's skill and wisdom saved most of his crew and passengers from certain death. Captain Sullenberger was that man in real life (minus the drugs and alcohol of course). His experience, wisdom and quick thinking saved his plane, passengers and crew. Not 1 person was killed and that my friend is amazing.

It's still nothing to do with the Sullenberger incident.

The character in the movie maybe had quick thinking and great wisdom yes, but its all too easy to stand back and say, hey, no one died, he done good. Shoe on the other foot. Your family perished with the same guy trying to save them, he survived, but would you be blessing him the same, had you found out he was unfit to fly/drive under the influence?

No. You would be suing his ass, and wanting to string him up at the same time, along with trying to get to grips with why others post nonsensical comments/videos, that have absolutely nothing in relation to this topic.

The movie has 'nothing' to do with, or even relate to 'anything' regarding the Sullenberger case, in fact, his name is 'tarred' when spoken in the same breath as Whip Whitaker, fictional, or not, who cares. It may be amazing yes, but I truly hate bull****!