Dragon's Dogma

I'm horrible at making official threads, because they require so much work. But felt like this game isn't getting any talk, when it seems to be great.

First, yes, this is a Capcom venture, so expect DLC :/
Second, this game echo's from what seems to be the best all many different games. Dark Souls difficulty and nonforgiveness, Devil May Cry style of comboing your moves, Skryims epic mythology and sheer land to explore, and many many other RPG classics.
This game doesn't seem to hold your hand too much. All battles are important, and any single moment can be your doom, via a harpy just grabbing you and then flying to the sky and dropping you, a goblin picking you up and throwing you off a cliff, or any other many ways these creatures can attack.
I haven't played too much yet. Got it Friday, and as of today, I've managed to restart 7 times, due to wanting to try a different class or a different route upon starting the game.
I can't wait til I get further into the game. I'm told the story is a little bland, but they normally are for such epicly large games anyway. I'm looking forward to the way you can fight, like grabbing onto a dragon to stab him, then have him fly into the sky, you still stabbing at him, as he is starts to plummet to the ground.... All fights seem unique, and it isn't the stale just "slash slash slash". You have to actually use wit against most enemies it seems, or you can easily end up as troll soup.
I put the agry joe video on here because I think he sums up the good parts perfectly. His main gripes, are very minor, as far as NPC's talking and other things that already happen in many games that we forgive. The only bad thing that I agree upon is the fast travel system is totally lacking except via some rare crystal, so I hope that gets amped up and more freely available during some patch or something.

I would've liked this game if it were not on a console. It was the reason I finally sold off my 360, as I never actually turned the box on to play it.

Pretty decent attempt but needs more powerful hardware IMO to be really impressive.

I would've liked this game if it were not on a console. It was the reason I finally sold off my 360, as I never actually turned the box on to play it.

Pretty decent attempt but needs more powerful hardware IMO to be really impressive.

This could put Skyrim to shame if it had a good PC team behind it for some re-texturing.

The fast travel system was my biggest gripe too. I didn't remember actually being told in the game (which isn't to say it didn't happen, I don't know for sure) how to do it so I ended up walking from place to place and wasting a whole lot of time before searching on the internet about it.

The fast travel system was my biggest gripe too. I didn't remember actually being told in the game (which isn't to say it didn't happen, I don't know for sure) how to do it so I ended up walking from place to place and wasting a whole lot of time before searching on the internet about it.

It's a reason to gripe for some, and a reason to explore and say " No one holds your hand in the real world " for those of us who like games that make us figure it out.

If they don't allow a fast travel, they need to at least give infinite stamina at time when you are not in combat. But the land is really neat to explore, and often while on a direct path for a quest, I find I wander off too much to explore.

Well hey if you like monotonous slogs for hours through terrain you've already seen to get to that one quest you forgot about then do the same thing again to get back to where you were, you do that.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this game a lot more since I've learned about it's system. Traveling is no longer really an issue, as I got plenty of Ferrystones. The combat only gets better as you progress and get stronger and mix vocations.

This game has the best lighting and spell system I've seen on a console, for this type of game. Some of the spells I can do now as a Scorcerer are just insane. I can make giant tornadoes that take up the whole screen, summon meteors that fly from the sky and explode, or make a huge whip of lightning that will hit everything and strike them with lightning. It's just insane when everything is in action. I think this game is passed up by too many, because it really is something different.

It's an AWESOME game. Sure, I've only spent a dozen hours on it so far (and still doing the first quests!) but I love it. Such a great concept, and so daring of them to require thinking in the game. It's a great fuse of "old school" and modern RPGs.

However, I'd also love if it was made for PC, because it is a grand game and certainly demands a lot from the hardware.

It's an AWESOME game. Sure, I've only spent a dozen hours on it so far (and still doing the first quests!) but I love it. Such a great concept, and so daring of them to require thinking in the game. It's a great fuse of "old school" and modern RPGs.

However, I'd also love if it was made for PC, because it is a grand game and certainly demands a lot from the hardware.

Same here. I'm honestly surprised at how well it looks and runs for a console game. There is rarely slowdown or hiccups, even with some insane action and effects going on.

This right now is a video of my nemisis in the game... The Griffin. I haven't been able to kill him yet, but he will just swoop down out of nowhere, kill a pawn, cause an epic fight, and then fly off before I can down him :p

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen comes out April 23 for $40 and includes the full game so if you haven't picked it up yet then it's worth a serious look.

• 1 month later...

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I have a few friends now waiting for this to come out so they can start playing. Going to be trading in my original copy to get a few credits towards purchasing this as well.