looking for advice on how to set up my router /network please

for some reason i have been having REALLY crappy wireless speeds in my house .. im on a 30 meg line down with 5 up when im hardlined from the router i pull in 25 -6 megs easily down .

my router is

N750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Gigabit Router

Motorola - SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 High-Speed Cable Modem

all i have done to the router is change the password and thats pretty much it

Maybe picking up interference from some other wireless device not necesarilly connected to your network. Try changing the channel that your router is broadcasting on.

current channel is 11

Extension channel is 7

Get as much of the devices as you physically can on the wired lan ie everything with a NIC, That will free up the wireless network for devices like smartphones and tablets.

And what do you consider crappy speeds? Great you have a dual band N router, for all we know you have a B card in your devices?

Also your channels - you mention channel 7 for Extension?? What is that? You do understand that only 3 channels that doubt overlap are 1, 6 and 11 here i the states. So 7 and 11 are not far enough apart to prevent interference.

You say only thing you have done on router is change the password?? What mode are you running in? N only, BNG, are you on 2.4 or 5 band? Are you using 20 or 40 mhz for channel width? With a N750?? Hmmm could that even be set for 5ghz 80mhz channels? So you have the WNDR4000 netgear? If so doesn't look like the manual lets you set channel width -- their interfaces are so limited it lets you pick your top speed ;) up to 145, up to 450, etc. Without actual details.

There are a bajillion things that could be going on - you have given us nothing to go on other than you believe its not as fast as your wire.. Well no **** ;) hehehehe

Like telling your mechanic hey car wont start - whats the problem?