Wifi Troubles

Is there no command you can send to crash / reboot the router via wireless ?

Telnet etc ?

sys reboot

I'd assume you could?

I know you can from the web GUI but ofcourse that is no use.

Gran is away for new year so gonna be 2 days before shes home :(

bummer! lol

I'd assume you could?

I know you can from the web GUI but ofcourse that is no use.

Gran is away for new year so gonna be 2 days before shes home :(

bummer! lol

I can with my router, but I`m running DD-WRT

Add remove Windows features and add the telnet client

then from CMD type:

telnet 192.168.1.x (Whatever the routers IP is)

It will hopefully will prompt for login, I use root for login, so not sure if you can log in with the normal router credentials, I couldn't I had to use root

Then try the above command to reboot it (Might not be that exact command but if you actually get to that stage we can look for more commands if that doesn't work)

Just went to try connect again to try the telnet thing and i have address of 192.168.1.3 and am writing this from her connection :)

very strange indeed, she isnt home and nothing is changed AFAIK

Working now anyway :D

EDIT:

I am logged into webGUI is there anything i can do from here to help me if this happens again? Can I change DHCP settings or something?

Here's a tip for finding out who made the router if you don't know and you can try the default username and password for the router config since a lot of people are too lazy to change it.

Desktop ops:

Please note:On a phone this gets more tricky as most wifi scanning software on phones does not list the MFR also iphones are not invited to the party since apple won't let wifi scanning apps onto thier store.

Phone ops:

Here's a tip for finding out who made the router if you don't know and you can try the default username and password for the router config since a lot of people are too lazy to change it.

Desktop ops:

Please note:On a phone this gets more tricky as most wifi scanning software on phones does not list the MFR also iphones are not invited to the party since apple won't let wifi scanning apps onto thier store.

Phone ops:

thanks for that but already know router manufacturer and I set up her internet for her so I know username and pass :)

Have bookmarked those tools though :)

Just went to try connect again to try the telnet thing and i have address of 192.168.1.3 and am writing this from her connection :)

very strange indeed, she isnt home and nothing is changed AFAIK

Working now anyway :D

EDIT:

I am logged into webGUI is there anything i can do from here to help me if this happens again? Can I change DHCP settings or something?

Strange indeed, maybe the threat of telnet scared it into submission ;)

If the router has the option, you could set a scheduled reboot for say 4am each night or whenever you won't be online

If the router bugs out like that again, and a reboot fixes it, that might keep you going until shes home

Strange indeed, maybe the threat of telnet scared it into submission ;)

If the router has the option, you could set a scheduled reboot for say 4am each night or whenever you won't be online

If the router bugs out like that again, and a reboot fixes it, that might keep you going until shes home

thanks for that, looking at the admin logs, the router rebooted 8 minutes before I got connected. Somehow it rebooted itself/power cut and thats what fixed the issue.

I'll have a look for that option but I don't know if it will have it. Its an ISP provided Huwaei router/modem

thanks for that, looking at the admin logs, the router rebooted 8 minutes before I got connected. Somehow it rebooted itself/power cut and thats what fixed the issue.

I'll have a look for that option but I don't know if it will have it. Its an ISP provided Huwaei router/modem

Fingers crossed it will stay online for a couple of days then

Try Googling the model number if you have it, you might get a bit more info from that

if she's gone out/away she's probably turned her modem/router off.

if it were off I wouldnt pick up any signal at all xD

anyway, still working now :)