Show us your Workstations! - 2013 Edition

@Aceles - With a little work, it can be done, even in a small case as that.

@LogicalApex - Exactly what I meant.

@Aceles - With a little work, it can be done, even in a small case as that.

@LogicalApex - Exactly what I meant.

?hm... while I do agree that wire management would look better, the truth is that no air flow is interrupted, in fact, while I do have more fans the noise produced by them is far lower than with my previous case, also temperatures are far improved, here is a photo of the little cable management done (the wires that stand out in the previous photo correspond mainly to only fan connectors)

eytu.jpg

Also note how the graphics card fits quite precisely and without effort even with the aluminium shroud 

tod4.jpg

.... and just another pick showing how this motterboard also lets little space for the sound card to fit... and yet it's perfect:

fwi7.jpg

The sound card in question, creative z OEM version and the GPU:

yon9.jpg

g9b1.jpg

Seeing your first picture, you have wires going every which way on and around the board. AFAIK, you are distrupting a lot of air from the front fans.

Seeing your first picture, you have wires going every which way on and around the board. AFAIK, you are distrupting a lot of air from the front fans.

There is just one front fan, the one shown in the second picture.

My V2... since the other case didn't have enough fans:

7f5z.jpg

Do tell me, how do you call that wite managed, look on the right side. Wires are going every which way.

Do tell me, how do you call that wite managed, look on the right side. Wires are going every which way.

I never say that there were cable management, I said however that while the cables look like that they don't obstruct the fans flow, I also make sure that the side panel fans are not obstructed by the cables when I close the case. Air enters from the front panel almost exclusively for the GPU, then the two side panel fans supply air for the CPU, the back fan plus the two upper fans send away the hot air, the fan that it's most obstructed is the second upper fan in the top right, but that's because the whole bd drive is obstructing it.

I never say that there were cable management, I said however that while the cables look like that they don't obstruct the fans flow, I also make sure that the side panel fans are not obstructed by the cables when I close the case. Air enters from the front panel almost exclusively for the GPU, then the two side panel fans supply air for the CPU, the back fan plus the two upper fans send away the hot air, the fan that it's most obstructed is the second upper fan in the top right, but that's because the whole bd drive is obstructing it.

Don't you have a front-fan? That's kinda obstructed by the cables so that no cool air can get to the PSU.

Don't you have a front-fan? That's kinda obstructed by the cables so that no cool air can get to the PSU.

PSU has it's own ventilation, covered by dust filter, below the case.

PSU has it's own ventilation, covered by dust filter, below the case.

Yeah but still, having air going around it from the front fan helps it run cooler as well. Plus the front fan adds ambient cooling to the whole case, which is obstructed by the cables.

I don't know if it's possible to hide the wires with that case though, but having the front fan blow through the case is always better than having those cables there. Also, maybe it just looks like there are a lot of cables obstructing the fan? We can't see behind the harddrive so there might as well be more space than cables there.

Yeah but still, having air going around it from the front fan helps it run cooler as well. Plus the front fan adds ambient cooling to the whole case, which is obstructed by the cables.

I don't know if it's possible to hide the wires with that case though, but having the front fan blow through the case is always better than having those cables there. Also, maybe it just looks like there are a lot of cables obstructing the fan? We can't see behind the harddrive so there might as well be more space than cables there.

Front fan runs almost just for the GPU since the GPU "divides" the interior of the case, hence the two side panel fans. PSU has a very nice low blade count fan, which is both silent and pulls enough air for the PSU. Case temperature reaches a minimum of 32? when idle, 39 on normal usage. I think everybody is failing to see how efficient is this case, just because the cables are not "arranged" beautifully. Considering that I have a 120W+ CPU with NB overclocked and a 225W+ GPU (which is overclocked too) and my temps are 47? for CPU under prime95 and 70? for GPU on heavy gaming, I say I have quite good temps on one of the smallest form factors. Also no, front fan isn't obstructed at all, there are cables behind the CPU but they are not in bulk covering the whole fan, at best I say they cover 15%.

Front fan runs almost just for the GPU since the GPU "divides" the interior of the case, hence the two side panel fans. PSU has a very nice low blade count fan, which is both silent and pulls enough air for the PSU. Case temperature reaches a minimum of 32? when idle, 39 on normal usage. I think everybody is failing to see how efficient is this case, just because the cables are not "arranged" beautifully. Considering that I have a 120W+ CPU with NB overclocked and a 225W+ GPU (which is overclocked too) and my temps are 47? for CPU under prime95 and 70? for GPU on heavy gaming, I say I have quite good temps on one of the smallest form factors. Also no, front fan isn't obstructed at all, there are cables behind the CPU but they are not in bulk covering the whole fan, at best I say they cover 15%.

We don't see that because we only see the side of the case and judge it off of that. There's probably space behind the harddrive (which is also cooled by the front fan) but because I don't see that, I instantly think there's more cables behind it. If you hadn't seen the case IRL and only saw that photo, I'm sure you'd think it's all cramped as well.

Also, I don't think there are cables behind the CPU because the motherboard is behind the CPU :p I think you meant harddrive ;)

We don't see that because we only see the side of the case and judge it off of that. There's probably space behind the harddrive (which is also cooled by the front fan) but because I don't see that, I instantly think there's more cables behind it. If you hadn't seen the case IRL and only saw that photo, I'm sure you'd think it's all cramped as well.

Also, I don't think there are cables behind the CPU because the motherboard is behind the CPU :p I think you meant harddrive ;)

Lol, yeah... I meant the harddrive, my bad~ :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok how is everyone got clean desks? WTF guys! you a men not women make some mess! I would show you mine but not much point, all you will see is a bit of the monitor peaking through some dust and clutter :D

Ok how is everyone got clean desks? WTF guys! you a men not women make some mess! I would show you mine but not much point, all you will see is a bit of the monitor peaking through some dust and clutter :D

Thought that UK guys are much more..orderly and sensitive to disturbance :laugh:

I have waited my whole life to post in this thread. Today my life long dream is complete. I can rest in peace and do my research on Unicorns.

Anyway, I recently upgraded my old PC running AMD APU to AMD FX 6300 along with a new GPU. Here are some pics. Full PC config http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ENs I call it RED.

1001904_10152099953988957_1121698112_n.j

1077217_10152103491008957_1762582840_o.j

1174912_10152186167328957_243659469_n.jp

1146154_10152150135898957_987302017_o.jp

It looks good, but could be improved. Could you not connect the fans to your mobo if there are any fan headers? Can you not route any cables behind the motherboard tray? Also if you ever do a PSU upgrade, modular is great. You don't have to get full modular, but it'll help tremendously with cable management. 

It looks good, but could be improved. Could you not connect the fans to your mobo if there are any fan headers? Can you not route any cables behind the motherboard tray? Also if you ever do a PSU upgrade, modular is great. You don't have to get full modular, but it'll help tremendously with cable management. 

I have three 4pin fan headers in motherboard. The rear and top exhaust are PWM so they are temperature controlled by the motherboard already. The front and side panel have 4 pin molex connectors which I cannot connect to motherboard hence they are always running at full speed and intake cold air from outside the cabinet.

Cable management is an on going process. I open the cabinet every weekend and see what I can do better with the cables. Right now what you see is the most optimized I could get due to length of cables. I could have the pushed some more cables behind motherboard tray but I need them for the 4pin molex connector for front fan. Notice that empty molex connector next to front fan in the picture above, towards most right...that goes in the side panel fan. However, I will see what I can do this weekend. I got a bunch of cable ties with me.

Even with this cable management, there is nothing in front of the front intake fan to obstruct air from coming inside. I tested this with coloured smoke too. Air comes from front and side. Side panel throws air at the GPU's heat pipe and CPU cooler's body. Both GPU and CPU suck in cold air coming from the front 200mm intake fan. Hot air is exhausted from top via the exhaust fan. Any residual hot air is exhausted via rear exhaust fan.

I just purchased this PSU so not going to upgrade for some years. Modular were over $40 costly here in India so I did not go with that.

Your CPU 8-pin should go behind your case to the top, not like what you have. You can hide a lot more behind your motherboard tray.

While your cpu may be cool, how are your other hardware, HDDs, GFX? That is not well managed.