Sign in to follow this  

Using an Acer Iconia W500 with Windows 8

L1520    9

Anyone have a decent level of experience using an Acer Iconia W500 with W8?

Is it laggy/slow etc? Does it offer a good enough quality of experience to justify a ?200 outlay on a 2nd user W500 or would I be better off waiting for newer W8 specific tablets yet to be released thru 2013?

I'm coming from a Nexus 7.

Thanks

Rgds.

migo    106

I believe there were a couple people using the CP and RP on it.Their attitude was generally positive. It has a 1280x800 screen so you won't be able to use the snap feature. The main drawback I read about it is the keyboard dock is poorly balanced, so it really doesn't work as a laptop.

xendrome    4,735

Yea don't do it... I had the W500 and it was slow and clunky. I returned mine and went with the Surface RT when it was released no regrets.

+warwagon    10,420

I have Windows 8 on my w500. It's not sluggish. Runs great. That being said, if you don't already own one you may be better off going with one built for windows 8.

L1520    9

Thanks all, I am to hold off till late 2013/early 2014 to see how the market develops before buying a new device. Plus I gotta look out for the new xbox...

migo    106

Holding off to 2014 makes sense for buying a Windows device. I'd say now is a fine time to buy an Android tablet (or rather, when the Nexus 10 is back in stock and available for purchase...).

Alternately, for the price, the PlayBook is a great buy if you want to get a taste of using a tablet at a low price.