F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

Not going to lie here, that CT03 is one ugly looking car from the front.

It's a shame they have the stepped nose (and they're so in favour of it), since I would love to see what it'd look like with the vanity panel in place. Probably 1000x nicer, since the livery is so much better.

In general, the liveries have been much nicer this season. Red Bull are just a case of WTF.

Not going to lie here, that CT03 is one ugly looking car from the front.

Doesn't look as good without the yellow on the nose.

lol, it would look like a duck if they put yellow on the lower step of the nose.

Marussia signs Luiz Razia for second 2013 Formula 1 seat

Luiz Razia has secured the Marussia Formula 1 seat left vacant by Timo Glock's pre-season departure from the team.

Brazilian 23-year-old Razia joins fellow GP2 graduate Max Chilton in an all-rookie line-up at the squad.

Razia will drive the new Marussia in Wednesday's Jerez test session, although the team will start the day late following Chilton's crash due to suspension failure on Tuesday.

"The past two seasons in GP2 have been all about proving that I have what it takes and that I'm ready," said Razia.

Source: AutoSport

For all you 3D fans, here's some good news if you have Sky.

Maybe the start of something bigger.

A world first! Formula 1 testing to be in 3D

We've just announced that viewers can watch live coverage of Formula 1 in 3D across all four days of the third test from 28 February to 3 March at the Circuit de Catalunya. Read the full press release below...

Sky and Formula 1 will bring viewers another world first with live F1 coverage in 3D on Sky 3D from the third test at the Circuit de Catalunya.

This will also be simulcast in 2D on Sky Sports F1 HD as part of Sky?s unprecedented coverage of all three 2013 Formula 1 tests.

The coverage of pre-season testing on Sky 3D and Sky Sports F1 HD will include:

• Live 3D coverage ? Every day of the final test from 28 February to 3 March from 2pm on Sky 3D (also available in 2D on Sky Sports F1 HD)
  • Daily Coverage ? Every day of every test including daily features of Ted?s Test Notebook and a programme airing at 9pm on Sky Sports F1 HD
  • Live coverage ? Daily live reports from every test on Sky Sports News HD and live reports from Ted Kravitz in episodes of the F1 Show on 22 February and 1 March

Just back from final day of testing in Jerez .. great day! Anyone know what happened to Hamilton as he left the pits .. engine sounded terrible...whatever it was, he recovered from it

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from final day of testing in Jerez .. great day! Anyone know what happened to Hamilton as he left the pits .. engine sounded terrible...whatever it was, he recovered from it

so you were on track in jerez, might be late now but could you share your impressions of the car behaviors with us?

so you were on track in jerez, might be late now but could you share your impressions of the car behaviors with us?

Yeah - really good day out. The Force India and Caterham cars sound awful off the throttle - backfiring quite badly. The smoothest car seemed to be the McLaren (which looked stunning) - driven that day by Perez.

Hamilton's Merc looked ok, but as I said earlier, seemed to splutter out of the pits during one of the test stops - I really thought that was the end of his practice.

We managed to pickup some VIP tickets so were able to wander freely throughout the track. We stood for a long while at turn 1 where the cars were slowing down after the start/finish straight for the 90-degree right hander. They were literally metres away from us. I took my father up to see it as he hasn't seen it before. He loved the McLaren - the livery, sound and speed.

Just seen some of the times posted in Barcelona - McLaren quickest so far .. looks good. Maybe Hamilton jumped ship too early .. they do seem to have a WDC winning car on their hands.

Even though the times tell something, they don't tell the whole story. The biggest give-away will be in Melbourne in a few weeks time.

The back of that Williams is so short, it's mental. Looking forward to seeing the pace from it this season, and seeing if they can improve over last year. If Maldonado is more reliable and drives more like his second half of 2012, he'll do well.

It is going to be exciting come Melbourne. Testing is ok to see the new cars but apart from that, as we've learnt from past years. It doesn't really show the pace of a car. I think the past two years Ferrari looked good and then when it got down to actual racing, it was pants.

I hope Mercedes give Hamilton a decent car, one he can work with. It will be so depressing if we have to watch a championship where Hamilton looks average all the time. I suppose though if he is in the mid-field, we'll see some good overtakes.

I think the past two years Ferrari looked good and then when it got down to actual racing, it was pants.

it was in 2010 and especially 2011 when they looked good, in 2012 testing they looked horrible and it was obvious for everyone.