What was the last movie you watched? (2013 Edition)

Looper 4.5/5. Great story, good time travel thinking, great acting. Was very exciting to watch and discuss.

Resident Evil : Retribution 1/5 - Ok, the others I gave a lot of wiggle room, but I'm done with this series now. They have just jumped the undead shark too much for me :p They almost literally did it this movie :/

Total Recall 3/5 - Too much of a plot change for me to really be on board for. But the effects were great, action was intense, and the acting wasn't bad. I just really liked the 1st one more than this remake. But worth a watch for action fans.

Djancho Unchained 5/5 - QT does it again. Can't type enough about how much I enjoyed this. It's very long, but very good.

Looper-2012-watch-free-movie.jpg

6/10

Was an OK movie. Not much to say about it. Was fun to watch, but the story is rather weak. I'd recommend it, though.

This fact kind of got under my skin (no, it isn't about the time travel): [No spoilers] The year is 2044 as it states in the movie. Sid's mom points out that he (Sid) was born in 2039 (July 15, 2039, to be exact). So he would be 5 years old.

Later on she mentions that he is 10 years old. These are all laid out in front of you, so the writers messed that one up. Just double checked all scenes to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and I'm not.

MV5BMTQ3MzM0OTE5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI4MDM5Ng@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Michael Fassbender's performance is spellbinding, and at the same time, very hard to watch. It's great if you're like me and love films that more than make you think, make you feel.

9/10

Finally got around to watching Waiting For Lightning, the documentary about pro-skateboarder Danny Way.

MV5BMTQ1MzM4NDA2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk1MjE2OA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

I used to skate way back when so the sport does have a special place in my heart and as such I am drawn to any documentaries about skating, but really think this can be enjoyed by people who never skated as well. Just a good heart-warming, inspirational story. I am actually surprised at the low rating it has on IMDB.

8/10

I enjoyed that movie, Elizabeth Olsen :wub:

Ya, I agree. She has a superstar quality to her, very likable, great looks, great acting. I look forward to her future works. Gonna watch Martha Marcy May Marlene next.

Total Recall (2012 version)

Just.. no. 0/10

Dredd

Not quite sure what I actually think about it, it was better than I thought.. and I like Karl Urban. 5/10?

Lost Highway

This movie still makes me go "huh?". 6/10 (would be 7/10 but Patricia Arquettes hair annoys me too much.. :dontgetit: )

Die Hard

..So he won't be joining us for the rest of his life.. 10/10