What was the last movie you watched? (2013 Edition)

Looper-2012-watch-free-movie.jpg

6/10

Was an OK movie. Not much to say about it. Was fun to watch, but the story is rather weak. I'd recommend it, though.

This fact kind of got under my skin (no, it isn't about the time travel): [No spoilers] The year is 2044 as it states in the movie. Sid's mom points out that he (Sid) was born in 2039 (July 15, 2039, to be exact). So he would be 5 years old.

Later on she mentions that he is 10 years old. These are all laid out in front of you, so the writers messed that one up. Just double checked all scenes to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and I'm not.

I think you misunderstood what the mother was trying to achieve with that comment. She lied on purpose.

Secret World of Arrietty.

6/10

it's an enjoyable movie that is slow paced. Problems include setups with no pay-offs and unnecessary characters. I have a feeling that Studio Ghibli wanted to tell a much larger story but had to cut back

Total Recall Remake

It was "alright" but nothing spectacular. I kept falling asleep during the last 15 - 20 minutes, and I never fall asleep during something I haven't seen before.

Well I'm in the middle of watching Death Race 3. Havin a smoke break. Best movie I've seen in a long time!!

So far I'd rate it 11 out of 10. Awesome movie!!

Well I'm in the middle of watching Death Race 3. Havin a smoke break. Best movie I've seen in a long time!!

So far I'd rate it 11 out of 10. Awesome movie!!

Reeeeally? Ill get on it..

the-day-poster.jpg

2.5/5 - Not bad

The Bourne Legacy. I'd give it a 7/10. Wish they had merged scenes with Jason Borne in it from previous movies...as if they had passed paths at some point.

Ted: 8/10.

Ice Age - Continental Drift 6/10. Skraggs (the squirrel) is hilarious as always.

Rurouni Kenshin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979319/

I saw this recently as well.

As far as Live Action adaptations go, this is probably the most well done of all. The director stayed true to the fans and the story, and delivers a great movie without leaving too much out of a long anime. Excellent fighting, graphics, scenery, and acting. 4/5

Looper-2012-watch-free-movie.jpg

6/10

Was an OK movie. Not much to say about it. Was fun to watch, but the story is rather weak. I'd recommend it, though.

This fact kind of got under my skin (no, it isn't about the time travel): [No spoilers] The year is 2044 as it states in the movie. Sid's mom points out that he (Sid) was born in 2039 (July 15, 2039, to be exact). So he would be 5 years old.

Later on she mentions that he is 10 years old. These are all laid out in front of you, so the writers messed that one up. Just double checked all scenes to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and I'm not.

Hmm..didn't notice that discrepancy in age (but I'm not that detailed oriented with movies).

I'd give it a 7.5/10

It was a better movie than I thought it would be. But it does have Bruce Willis and I always like movies with Bruce Willis. He makes bald cool.

Django Unchained - 9/10 (Loved Christoph Waltz, the style of the film, and some of the scenes were just fantastic)

Looper - 8/10 (Really enjoyed this one although it slowed a bit for me about 3/4 of the way - really enjoyed the premise though)

Project X - 7.5/10 (Liked the movie overall but the ending scene with the dad just killed it for me. As a parent I couldn't see myself having that same reaction)

Being the good husband I am, this weekend was more or less my wife's choice of movies.

As such, we watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.

4.75 / 5

It was pretty much exceptional.

I do have to say though, while it is no doubt comedic, I did not think it was a comedy per say, so kind of bewildered why it won best comedy and best comedic actor at The Critics Choice awards.

What I said on Facebook after watching it.

silver linings playbook. one of the better "chick flicks" i've seen for sure. it might not even be one.

Tonight, we saw Les Miserables. It is my wife's favorite musical, so she was truly looking forward to it.

I, on the other hand, cannot stand musicals. They just never have done anything for me.

I have to say, it was a damn good movie. I am not all of a sudden now a fan of musicals, but it was good enough that my dislike of musicals was overlooked for sure.

And my wife kept reminding me how everyone sang their lines "live," and I have to say this fact alone makes the movie that much more impressive.

Another 4.75 / 5

2012 really was a great year for movies. I may go see The Hobbit tomorrow, as it is one of the last big movies of last year I have yet to see.