What was the last movie you watched? (2013 Edition)

post-2-0-36328000-1385715376.jpg

IMDB (8.1) My rating 10/10

Awesome film, although long (almost 2 and a half hours) I didn't feel it dragged on at any point, in fact I agree totally with the review on the IMDB page:

Prisoners is without a doubt what has to be the movie of the year. There's stunning work from this great ensemble cast, Hugh Jackman & Jake Gyllenhaal both give award worthy performances. Paul Dano gives a good take on a troubled teen with much subtlety. This is a very tense movie that will capture your attention and keep it the whole way through. This movie's cinematography by Roger Deakins is beautiful, the screenplay while based on an idea that's not original shows you a different take on it. The conversations the characters have are so riveting, you feel yourself questioning your own morality, and if you would do some of the actions these characters take. 10/10

Wolverine: I didn't like most of the X-Men movies (heresy, I know :) ), but I actually liked Wolverine. It wasn't great, but I really like the way it was shot and directed.

Pacific Rim: I got through it. Not unwatchable, great CGI. Everything outside of the action was pretty cheesy though.

We're the Millers: So much funnier than the trailers made it look. Really hilarious, but got sort of weak towards the end.

The Challenger Disaster: Very entertaining and interesting, especially for NASA and Feynman fans.

4/5

Saw this on Sat, pretty much agree with you on the rating :)

post-2-0-41650800-1385998077.png

IMDB link.

Finally got around to seeing it last night, not usually my type of film but I enjoyed it anyway.

I watched both

Alpha Papa and Kick-Ass 2 at the weekend.

Alpha Papa - 4/5 thumbs. Felt like a feature length episode. Which is what i was hoping for.

Kick-Ass 2 - 3/5 thumbs. Good film. Agreed with some of the changes they did from the graphic novel, didn't agree with others.

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - 6/10 - pretty standard mythology based teen adventure.  Haven't read the novels but yeah wouldn't watch it again but filled in some time.

Red 2 - 6.5 / 10 - the pacing on this one is a lot better than the first imo, the first one had more laughs but the pacing just killed it for me.  This one sacrificed a few laughs but I think on balance worked out better. 

Touchy Feely - 4/10 - Big fan of indie films but the conclusion to this one was lost on me and I think I would just lose more of my life going back looking or searching the web for any meaning.

Zombie Hunter 4/10 - not even a bgrade flick.  Grab some mates and some tequila and enjoy how cringe worthy this is.  The 4/10 is really just because if you assume they knew they were making a bad movie it all makes sense.

The Worlds End - 7/10 - for me this started off pretty slowly until the actual sci-fi element kicks in but after that the pacing picks up and this had a few lol moments in it.

We are what we are - 6/10 - I had higher hopes for this.  In the end largely predictable, nothing terribly suspenseful.  Possibly more enjoyable if you didn't go in with high expectations like I did.