Sign in to follow this  

US Man kills Tenants over Snow Shovelling

theMike    0

who needs gun control in America? not the NRA, hail no...

Rippleman    2,684

I know your being sarcastic, but if someone wasn't holding that gun, can it just shoot someone by itself? Nope. So, no, guns don't kill people, bad people holding that gun kills people.

couldn't you say that about chemical weapons? land mines? etc. Why are they illegal? They are innocent, its the people that use them. What do you suppose makes them illegal?
  • Like 1

KingCracker    1,495

And another thread to support the anti gun agenda on neowin.. Nice. I could provide successful stories of people using guns to save their lives but it would be ignored because the anti gun trolls tend to gravitate to anti gun threads.

• Like 1

ArialBlue    395

And another thread to support the anti gun agenda on neowin.. Nice. I could provide successful stories of people using guns to save their lives but it would be ignored because the anti gun trolls tend to gravitate to anti gun threads.

I never seen a functional pro-guns for normal citizens argument. One simply doesn't exist.

farmeunit    454

I never seen a functional pro-guns for normal citizens argument. One simply doesn't exist.

There are a LOT of things that kill more people than guns. Should all those be outlawed? Gun control doesn't stopp anyone but the criminals. He could've hacked them up with the shovel for all anyone else knows. Just because he shot them, doesn't mean he wouldn't have done something else. Just because something happens, doesn't mean it couldn't have happened another way.

ArialBlue    395

There are a LOT of things that kill more people than guns. Should all those be outlawed? Gun control doesn't stopp anyone but the criminals. He could've hacked them up with the shovel for all anyone else knows. Just because he shot them, doesn't mean he wouldn't have done something else. Just because something happens, doesn't mean it couldn't have happened another way.

Usually things that kill more people that guns are outlawed as well (biological weapons, owning your own nuke), unless it is hushed and lobbied for (painkillers?).

The answer is yes to the first question.

Almost anyone can shoot someone, but it becomes harder without guns - what if the man you want to kill just outruns you?

An argument that one can just kill someone else with a pen is NOT an argument for owning a hydrogen bomb in your backyard, you know.

benthebear    302

You have it all wrong. It's also a thread for the pro gun trolls like yourself to push their agenda to counter the one pushed by the anti gun trolls. You may provide as many success stories as you like, but it's irrelevant in this case because it doesn't change the fact that two defenseless people were murdered with a gun over something so stupid, and that we also have a problem with people who shouldn't possess a gun in the first place shooting things up.

• Like 3

KingCracker    1,495

You have it all wrong. It's also a thread for the pro gun trolls like yourself to push their agenda to counter the one pushed by the anti gun trolls. You may provide as many success stories as you like, but it's irrelevant in this case because it doesn't change the fact that two defenseless people were murdered with a gun over something so stupid, and that we also have a problem with people who shouldn't possess a gun in the first place shooting things up.

Yeah right I could but they would see very little attention and would be pushed to the back pages very quickly. I push my agenda in the right thread. But I see the anti's like to go further and find stories to publish to suit their side on a daily basis. And they all come to these threads to point fingers and go I TOLD YOU SO! Don't take that as literal, they do it in subtle ways.
  • Like 1

farmeunit    454

Usually things that kill more people that guns are outlawed as well (biological weapons, owning your own nuke), unless it is hushed and lobbied for (painkillers?).

The answer is yes to the first question.

Almost anyone can shoot someone, but it becomes harder without guns - what if the man you want to kill just outruns you?

An argument that one can just kill someone else with a pen is NOT an argument for owning a hydrogen bomb in your backyard, you know.

I meant cars, alcohol, tobacco, and many other mundane everyday things. Not nukes. It's pretty easy to run your car into someones living while they're watching TV, or wait for them to go outside. More people car drive than can get guns. You can make bombs out of just about anything that is easier to get than guns and can be thrown together ina few seconds. Just cut a gas line and blow them up. You can't tell me that is any harder than grabbing a gun.

KingCracker    1,495

yeah its pretty sad that stories like this can be found on a daily basis. it seems to go way over your head, i think its intentional on your part though.

stay ignorant. some say its bliss.

Well since 1992 violent crime fell and the murder rate fell by 50 percent, and it has been decreasing ever since. It's ok chicken little, the sky isn't falling.
  • Like 1

seta-san    1,080

so are we going to start posting every little gun crime that happens in America ?

• Like 1

Richteralan    377

so are we going to start posting every little gun crime that happens in America ?

You are right. We don't need to know these gun crimes. Better censor them all.

farmeunit    454

You are right. We don't need to know these gun crimes. Better censor them all.

We don't, really. There are just as many cases where guns would and do prevent these incidents. It all just ends up being a bitch fest.

ArialBlue    395

I meant cars, alcohol, tobacco, and many other mundane everyday things. Not nukes. It's pretty easy to run your car into someones living while they're watching TV, or wait for them to go outside. More people car drive than can get guns. You can make bombs out of just about anything that is easier to get than guns and can be thrown together ina few seconds. Just cut a gas line and blow them up. You can't tell me that is any harder than grabbing a gun.

Tobacco is very different from owning a gun. With tobacco, you will probably die sooner. That's about it. Your life, no one cares.

Cars have been designed for a non-violent every day purpose, guns weren't. Cars are used everyday en masse for non-violent purposes. Driving from work and back for example. That is two non-violent uses (length depending on how far your workplace is from your home) for a car a day, minimum.

Same goes for alcohol - it is a recreational drug.

Guns have been made with one purpose - to take life. You can use them in war, in a bus, in a school, on yourself, etc. They are extremely convenient. You don't need to be close to someone, you don't need fancy preparation, you don't need lots of time, etc. Guns are de-facto best choice to put down people you hate. It is their purpose and they are very effective at it.

</MeTellingYouThatOtherOptionsAreHarderThanGrabbingAGun>

farmeunit    454

Tobacco is very different from owning a gun. With tobacco, you will probably die sooner. That's about it. Your life, no one cares.

Cars have been designed for a non-violent every day purpose, guns weren't. Cars are used everyday en masse for non-violent purposes. Driving from work and back for example. That is two non-violent uses (length depending on how far your workplace is from your home) for a car a day, minimum.

Same goes for alcohol - it is a recreational drug.

Guns have been made with one purpose - to take life. You can use them in war, in a bus, in a school, on yourself, etc. They are extremely convenient. You don't need to be close to someone, you don't need fancy preparation, you don't need lots of time, etc. Guns are de-facto best choice to put down people you hate. It is their purpose and they are very effective at it.

</MeTellingYouThatOtherOptionsAreHarderThanGrabbingAGun>

Secondhand smoke affects everyone.

Drunk drivers kill people.

Just because they have valid uses doesn't make them less deadly. As far as that is concerned, cars kill more people than a weapon made exclusively for that purpose. How does that prove your point? You could also swerve once and cause a huge pile up. No preparation involved.

And my points are necessarily to be taken literally, they are just one example. Try extrapolating from them instead of putting them in a little box. Or maybe that's all you can comprehend...

ArialBlue    395

Secondhand smoke affects everyone.

Drunk drivers kill people.

Just because they have valid uses doesn't make them less deadly. As far as that is concerned, cars kill more people than a weapon made exclusively for that purpose. How does that prove your point? You could also swerve once and cause a huge pile up. No preparation involved.

And my points are necessarily to be taken literally, they are just one example. Try extrapolating from them instead of putting them in a little box. Or maybe that's all you can comprehend...

1. If you remove purpose of harm to others, guns become useless.

2. If you remove purpose of harm to others, cars remain.

3. A good moral society needs rules which prevent and punish individuals harming others.

4. Banning guns does this.

1. You can kill someone with printer paper and some time. That is you can kill someone regardless of guns.

2. It becomes immensely easier to kill/threaten/rob/intimidate someone with a gun.

3. Guns are exclusively used to kill, threaten, rob, and intimidate.

4. It is not moral to kill others or threaten or rob or intimidate.

5. Banning guns removed the primary vector such immoral harmful behavior.

For example, lets say you decide you want to kill a doctor.

What is easier?

Wait for that person when he/she is outside to attempt to run them over?

Try to set arson to their hospital/house?

Plant explosives in their car and remote detonate like in movies?

Walk in to the doctor's place of work and shoot doctor?

I am sorry, but comparing guns and car accidents is red logic at its best.

When you buy a car, do you ask the dealer about windshield damage from a high velocity pedestrian?

• Like 1

KingCracker    1,495

1. If you remove purpose of harm to others, guns become useless.

2. If you remove purpose of harm to others, cars remain.

3. A good moral society needs rules which prevent and punish individuals harming others.

4. Banning guns does this.

1. You can kill someone with printer paper and some time. That is you can kill someone regardless of guns.

2. It becomes immensely easier to kill/threaten/rob/intimidate someone with a gun.

3. Guns are exclusively used to kill, threaten, rob, and intimidate.

4. It is not moral to kill others or threaten or rob or intimidate.

5. Banning guns removed the primary vector such immoral harmful behavior.

For example, lets say you decide you want to kill a doctor.

What is easier?

Wait for that person when he/she is outside to attempt to run them over?

Try to set arson to their hospital/house?

Plant explosives in their car and remote detonate like in movies?

Walk in to the doctor's place of work and shoot doctor?

I am sorry, but comparing guns and car accidents is red logic at its best.

When you buy a car, do you ask the dealer about windshield damage from a high velocity pedestrian?

We'll this thread turned into a gun debate but I'll throw this at you just for giggles to show you how absurd anti gun arguments are. Lets ban lighters. Lighters cause a lot of fires, property damage,loss of life. Semi automatic lighters should be banned because they are dangerous. They have only 1 purpose and that's to make fire, fire destroys everything it comes in contact with therefore they should be banned. If you want to use matches that's fine, i'm ok with that because the wind might make it harder for you to start a forest fire or burn down a building.
  • Like 1

ArialBlue    395

We'll this thread turned into a gun debate but I'll throw this at you just for giggles to show you how absurd anti gun arguments are. Lets ban lighters. Lighters cause a lot of fires, property damage,loss of life. Semi automatic lighters should be banned because they are dangerous. They have only 1 purpose and that's to make fire, fire destroys everything it comes in contact with.

You, in this thread also, missed my point.

Restating what I just said in post #46:

A lighter is not designed with a primary purpose to kill.

It is way easier to threaten, kill, rob, and intimidate with a gun than a lighter.

• Like 2

KingCracker    1,495

You, in this thread also, missed my point.

Restating what I just said in post #46:

A lighter is not designed with a primary purpose to kill.

It is way easier to threaten, kill, rob, and intimidate with a gun than a lighter.

Its primary use it to make fire which destroys things it comes in contact with, fire can kill. You could burn down someones house in the middle of the night with them inside. Lighters can/could cause a lot of harm.
  • Like 1

ArialBlue    395

Its primary use it to make fire which destroys things it comes in contact with, fire can kill. You could burn down someones house in the middle of the night with them inside. Lighters can/could cause a lot of harm.

Again, restating post #48 and #46,

Are you going to threaten the people you rob with a lighter or a gun?

Is it easier to kill your ex for cheating on you with a lighter or with a bullet through the head?

Guns are way easier, more practical, more deadly and cause significantly more harm.

Again, what is easier to make sure someone is dead? An arson or a bullet?

KingCracker    1,495

Again, restating post #48 and #46,

Are you going to threaten the people you rob with a lighter or a gun?

Is it easier to kill your ex for cheating on you with a lighter or with a bullet through the head?

Guns are way easier, more practical, more deadly and cause significantly more harm.

Again, what is easier to make sure someone is dead? An arson or a bullet?

Still doesn't change the fact the lighters should be banned because they serve no purpose but to light things on fire that could potentially destroy something, like property and life. I mean really who knows what someone could do with a lighter. I think everyone should be limited to matches, because 1 match at a time is way safer than an semi automatic lighter.

I think once we ban lighters, we should go after knives too, no blades over 3" like in the U.K that'll bring the violent crime rate down! Stab proof knifes too, make them register their names with the government because that will stop a lunatic from killing someone. Ban knives,lighters, ban sports cars too because they serve no practical purpose. No one buys a sports car to go on a daily commute, all it does is make things more dangerous. We can't trust people, so take everything dangerous from them and indoctrinate them, make them fear dangerous objects and tell them that the police is there to protect you.

ArialBlue    395

Still doesn't change the fact the lighters should be banned because they serve no purpose but to light things on fire that could potentially destroy something, like property and life. I mean really who knows what someone could do with a lighter. I think everyone should be limited to matches, because 1 match at a time is way safer than an semi automatic lighter.

I think once we ban lighters, we should go after knives too, no blades over 3" like in the U.K that'll bring the violent crime rate down! Stab proof knifes too, make them register their names with the government because that will stop a lunatic from killing someone. Ban knives,lighters, ban sports cars too because they serve no practical purpose. No one buys a sports car to go on a daily commute, all it does is make things more dangerous. We can't trust people, so take everything dangerous from them and indoctrinate them, make them fear dangerous objects and tell them that the police is there to protect you.

You again don't understand what I am saying here, purposefully I might add.

I think nicotine addicts will want a word with you. That and people who celebrate the 4th of July. Or campers. Or people who like scented candles.

Again,

The primary purpose of guns is to harm people. Fact.

The primary purpose of cars, lighters, whatever the f-k else, is not. Fact.

Obviously anything with a primary purpose to cause harm should be banned.

KingCracker    1,495

You again don't understand what I am saying here, purposefully I might add.

I think nicotine addicts will want a word with you. That and people who celebrate the 4th of July. Or campers. Or people who like scented candles.

Again,

The primary purpose of guns is to harm people. Fact.

The primary purpose of cars, lighters, whatever the f-k else, is not. Fact.

Obviously anything with a primary purpose to cause harm should be banned.

Guns are objects, they have no mind of their own, their purpose is to do whatever the operator tells it to do, he pulls the trigger and it goes off. Tens of millions of guns in the U.S will never kill anyone. Guns are not only used to kill, they are used to target practice and used in sporting competitions.

Tell me, if someone owns a gun, does that mean they'll use it to kill someone, since you know they're designed to kill?

• Like 1

trieste    65

None of what you said or implied prior to that part quoted above, nor what followed it, matters in the long run.

It's kind of sad to know that people actually think "An eye for an eye..." is a bad "Dark Ages" type of thing, seriously. Some things just cannot be allowed, period, and this most definitely qualifies as one of those things. Only thing positive that you said is that you know what he did is wrong, guess I can't expect much more than that.

You're... moralising. Funny, I thought only Christians had the time (and the right) to do that. Specks of dust and logs of wood eh?

ArialBlue    395

Guns are objects, they have no mind of their own, their purpose is to do whatever the operator tells it to do, he pulls the trigger and it goes off. Tens of millions of guns in the U.S will never kill anyone. Guns are not only used to kill, they are used to target practice and used in sporting competitions.

Tell me, if someone owns a gun, does that mean they'll use it to kill someone, since you know they're designed to kill?

You do not need to own the gun for either one of those purposes and shouldn't for safety reasons (you and others).

And then, what is the point of target practice?

If you do not plan or have joined something like the militia, you don't really need to become proficient at using guns.