Pastor 'cures' gay teens by getting them to stroke horses

An American church is promising gay men they will be cured of their homosexuality if they stroke horses. :huh:

The Cowboy Church of Virginia, led by chief pastor Raymond Bell, believes homosexuality and other ?addictions? can be cured by Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.

Horse therapy, in the right hands, can be used to help overcome fears, develop communication skills, and is generally beneficial to mental health.

But Bell says the horses in his church, a cowboy ranch in the south, are part of teaching men to stop being gay and encourage them to be more masculine.

?EAP can help any person who is living the homosexual lifestyle or involved in it in anyway,? he told Gay Star News.

?The first common misconception is that homosexuality is genetic, or hereditary, or as some say ?born this way?.

?Homosexuality is actually a type of addiction. It is not ?curable? as a disease because it is a ?choice driven? by the person.?

Bell said he uses EAP to identify how a person got ?involved? in homosexuality to begin with. For example, because of rape, abandonment, lacking a male role model, abuse, and having low self-esteem.

He said: ?Homosexuality is a secondary effect from a single, or multiple, primary events in a person?s life.?

When asked if the therapy ever worked, or if it was even valid, the pastor said ?it is not now, nor has it ever been, in question?.

more

They are stroking his horse, so that's what he calls it! :D

LMAO that made me actually laugh out loud haha Yeah.. What a load of crap. I'm gay myself and can't even find a way to describe the idiocy of such a thing to "cure" something inherent in people from birth :p

?EAP can help any person who is living the homosexual lifestyle or involved in it in anyway,? he told Gay Star News.

My response: The 'homosexual lifestyle' is as plain and simple as that of most heterosexuals; work like a dog to keep the rich richer, and struggle to survive yourself in a world of bloody idiots, except they left out one part, that homosexuals have one more obstacle to tackle amongst the madness of daily life: the propagation of nonsense theories of homosexuality being a disease.

?The first common misconception is that homosexuality is genetic, or hereditary, or as some say ?born this way?.

Being a person who happens to be homosexual I know as well as many others the process and difficulty to adjust and become ok with it (in a society that teaches it isn't). For anyone to make such self discovery an unpleasant process and rank it as a disease is basically pure lack of conscience and respect for your fellow human beings.

I feel saddened and even a sense of sympathy for the religious folk and those who actually believe it is a disease to be so brainwashed and out of touch with their real selves, that they cling to beliefs that makes hating easier than acceptance.

I'm also wondering what the cure for the moral hypocrisy of these idiots who think homosexuality is an ailment. I thought religion was supposed to be inclusive and divine? It is an elitist type cult that shuns and ridicules those who don't buy into the BS, and fit in the boxes they've built.

Baha stories like this just make me chuckle.

• Like 2

i love how straight people try to say that homosexuality is a choice. ask any homosexual.

Ok. But if it's not a choice and it's not a mental disorder, a disease, or a gene. Then what is it? I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean first we were told by the gay community it was one thing, then we were told something else, then we were told it's a choice. Now I just don't get it. So what exactly is it?

It's exactly the same as what being straight is - it's just the way your personal preferences work. The same as I love chocolate and hate tomatoes. Some people have preferences one way, some people have them another. Simple as that.

• Like 3

Ok. But if it's not a choice and it's not a mental disorder, a disease, or a gene. Then what is it? I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean first we were told by the gay community it was one thing, then we were told something else, then we were told it's a choice. Now I just don't get it. So what exactly is it?

The APA is a gay organization ?

The 'gay community' didn't tell you what it was, they are just refuting idiots like this who say it is a choice.

It's exactly the same as what being straight is - it's just the way your personal preferences work. The same as I love chocolate and hate tomatoes. Some people have preferences one way, some people have them another. Simple as that.

So, then it is a choice? I choose to love savory foods, but I hate sweets. I choose water over soda and when I do drink soda, I choose Dr. Pepper. It's all a choice that I make. Or am I still not getting it?

The 'gay community' didn't tell you what it was, they are just refuting idiots like this who say it is a choice.

Then you don't remember the countless news interviews back in the day, where gays came out said that it's a choice. That it isn't a sickness. This whole thing confuses the Hell out of me.

So, then it is a choice? I choose to love savory foods, but I hate sweets. I choose water over soda and when I do drink soda, I choose Dr. Pepper. It's all a choice that I make. Or am I still not getting it?

Then you don't remember the countless news interviews back in the day, where gays came out said that it's a choice. That it isn't a sickness. This whole thing confuses the Hell out of me.

Ask yourself the same question about heterosexuality, how would you define it? I would define it as a way of being, something inherent (i.e., just is, just exists by the pure nature that sexuality is a part of the human life).

People who say it is a choice are most likely referring to the stupid idea that it can or cannot be acted upon. Which is total bull****, because humans have a physical need for sexual contact as well as emotional contact with other humans. So sure, if they can magically eliminate that primal need for sex, then you might be able to swing it and say avoiding sex with a same sex partner "is a choice" Maybe. Otherwise it really isn't.

Ask yourself if you choose who you find attractive, or does it come sort of automatically?

I'm not gay, but I think all the straight males should ask themselves "when you look at a hot woman, with really nice cleavage why do you get aroused?". Other than the simple answer of "She's hot and she has nice cleavage" ...but why? Why does an attractive woman with nice cleavage turn you on other than it just does?

Simple answer, we just do. No explanation, it's how we are wired.

People who are gay are wired differently. Not a bad thing, but they can't explain why they are attracted to men just like how straight males can't explain why they are attracted to women.

I'm not gay, but I think all the straight people should ask themselves "when you look at a hot woman, with really nice cleavage why you you get aroused?". Other than the simple answer of "She's hot and she has nice cleavage" ...but why? Why does an attractive woman with nice cleavage turn you on other than it just does.

Your over simplified explanation is over simplified. ;)

I'm not gay, but I think all the straight people should ask themselves "when you look at a hot woman, with really nice cleavage why you you get aroused?". Other than the simple answer of "She's hot and she has nice cleavage" ...but why? Why does an attractive woman with nice cleavage turn you on other than it just does.

People who are gay are wired differently. Not a bad thing, but they can't explain why they are attracted to men just straight males can't explain why they are attracted to women.

Good enough explanation then.

Of course "back in the day" when attitudes were different gays were going to say it is a choice just to distance themselves from the ridiculous notion that being gay was some kind of sickness/disease/mental illness.

It might not be genetic but Its no more a choice than you chose to be heterosexual.

, because humans have a physical need for sexual contact as well as emotional contact with other humans.

Asexual isolationists dont