'Life's Too Short' to end HBO run with special

jsMtE.jpg

Ricky Gervais's series Life's Too Short will return to HBO for a special series finale episode.

The show, co-created with Stephen Merchant, stars Warwick Davis as a fictionalized version of himself in the entertainment business.

Gervais and Merchant discussed the possibility of a special last year, with Merchant admitting that he was too exhausted to consider a full second season of Life's Too Short.

Deadline reports that HBO, which aired the seven-episode first season of the series in February 2012, has committed to a new final episode that will wrap up the story.

The special will reportedly air later in the year.

Meanwhile, Merchant is currently developing a new comedy series for HBO called Hello Ladies.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a448779/lifes-too-short-to-end-hbo-run-with-special.html

I did like the series, when it was on TV i found myself getting bored after 3 eps, it was like Gervais and Merchant had a scrap book of "Would've worked well with Brent" ideas and seemed to lump too many of them on Warwick every episode, to me it didnt seem real it was a bit too over the top. Recently watched the last 3 eps in the series and it did make me laugh, very funny but just a bit too OTT for something thats meant to feel real, like the Office.

I didn't really like this at all. Everything was just a bit too much and unrealistic; Warwick's agent girl (I've forgotten her name) was just annoying, not funny. The best bit was with Liam Neeson and Johnny Depp was OK too. Apart from that, it was pretty poor.

I didn't really like this at all. Everything was just a bit too much and unrealistic; Warwick's agent girl (I've forgotten her name) was just annoying, not funny. The best bit was with Liam Neeson and Johnny Depp was OK too. Apart from that, it was pretty poor.

The Neeson skit was hilarious.

Well if what Ricky Gervais tweets about is true then the special is going to feature a lot more of Barry, Les and Cheggers.

Which can't be a bad thing, they made Extras and Life's Too Short.

I enjoyed the series but it just didn't make laugh as much as The Office or Extras.