Very high RAM usage after Battlefield 3

Hardware can die at any time, and drivers can become corrupt too

Have you tried clean installing all major drivers? Chipset / GPU / Audio / Network ?

I think he was saying to disable that check box :)

Disabling the top one...I thought he said to leave the bottom one disabled...gah :p

I'm going to reinstall my GPU drivers in a minute, and I'll have to try it again tomorrow sometime. If that doesn't alleviate it I'll try the others too and see if it makes a difference, though I'm thinking it might be these beta drivers.

Disabling the top one...I thought he said to leave the bottom one disabled...gah :p

I'm going to reinstall my GPU drivers in a minute, and I'll have to try it again tomorrow sometime. If that doesn't alleviate it I'll try the others too and see if it makes a difference, though I'm thinking it might be these beta drivers.

The dialogue I took a screenshot from should be how it's configured. Top one enabled, bottom one disabled.

The dialogue I took a screenshot from should be how it's configured. Top one enabled, bottom one disabled.

Good, that's how mine has been!

Ah, I thought you said to disable (uncheck) the top one ?

lol, now I`m confused

EDIT - Not confused any more, misread what you posted :D

For some reason, when I play Battlefield 3 my RAM usage keeps zapping up to 98% usage, making the game go into an umplayable state and taking about 5 minutes to quit from it. The only way to remedy it then is by a restart, otherwise Windows says that >80% is being used all the time - even though, as the image below shows, there aren't any open processes using that much.

Ok, honestly, I think everyone is looking at a problem that is user created. At the rate of not sounding like a dick (and trust me, I'm not trying to be) ....

You have 4GB of RAM. Your original posted is stated above. Per the manufacturer, the minimum specs to play BF3 are as follows (note the RAM requirements):

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
  • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
  • Graphics card memory: 1 GB

So, you're complaining about using all your RAM while playing a game that requires at least 2GB-4GB RAM when your system only has 4GB of RAM. Plus, you proved to us in your screenshots you are running a crap ton of processes and applications either while playing this game, or right after.

I see one problem here. You need more RAM.

In addition, please check your Event Viewer as to why your system caused a BSOD. This may also reveal any driver issues.

Ok, honestly, I think everyone is looking at a problem that is user created. At the rate of not sounding like a dick (and trust me, I'm not trying to be) ....

You have 4GB of RAM. Your original posted is stated above. Per the manufacturer, the minimum specs to play BF3 are as follows (note the RAM requirements):

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
  • Graphics card memory: 512 MB

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
  • Graphics card memory: 1 GB

So, you're complaining about using all your RAM while playing a game that requires at least 2GB-4GB RAM when your system only has 4GB of RAM. Plus, you proved to us in your screenshots you are running a crap ton of processes and applications either while playing this game, or right after.

I see one problem here. You need more RAM.

In addition, please check your Event Viewer as to why your system caused a BSOD. This may also reveal any driver issues.

Yep, I have 4GB RAM and currently using 58% of it with only FF, WLMail, VLC playing a film, and the normal system processes running, so if I loaded up BF3 it would most likely use all of my RAM,

But, what the OP is saying, is even once he closes BF3, the RAM use stays sky high

Disabling everything from loading at boot, then only loading BF3 and closing it again should tell if it is a problem or not

• Like 1

Yep, I have 4GB RAM and currently using 58% of it with only FF, WLMail, VLC playing a film, and the normal system processes running, so if I loaded up BF3 it would most likely use all of my RAM,

But, what the OP is saying, is even once he closes BF3, the RAM use stays sky high

Disabling everything from loading at boot, then only loading BF3 and closing it again should tell if it is a problem or not

Gotcha. I was just going off the original message as to why the thread was started, which gave me that implication.

• Like 2

Good, that's how mine has been!

Try disabling the first option, restarting, load up BF3, play for a bit and close it and tell me if the usage stays sky high.

It's a memory leak. http://battlelog.bat...348314439337/2/ The fix is to uninstall the AMD drivers and use Windows Update to use the stock Windows 8 drivers.

hmm seems one person on there was able to solve the problem without having to uninstall the amd drivers by putting battlefield into compatibility mode

worth a try at least