Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

LOST : Ha Ah Suckers!  Everything you've been watching never really happened!!!! :D

But it all did happen,

except for the flashsideways in Season 6, which still did happen, but in a spirit realm.

The ending was incredibly disappointing, though the series had been going downhill since Season 6. Season 7 had some decent moments but Season 8 was bad from the start.

I read this yesterday and thought this would have been a much better ending. This is from the former showrunner on Dexter

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/23/former-dexter-showrunner-on-how-he-would-have-ended-the-series

That would have been just as bad.

But it all did happen,

except for the flashsideways in Season 6, which still did happen, but in a spirit realm.

Yeah, never understood why people think the Lost ending implied that nothing really happened in the series.

I disagree, it's the same sort of cop out Lost had.

The ending was incredibly disappointing, though the series had been going downhill since Season 6. Season 7 had some decent moments but Season 8 was bad from the start.

That would have been just as bad.

I don't think it would have been. I think the build up would have been much more excting. Anything could happen up to that point.

Again, i've always firmly believed Dexter should have been caught.

I never thought Dexter should have been caught and fans would be in an uproar if he was. I liked the finale because Deb was damaged after she found out about Dexter anyways so I like how they handled that. She could have lived happily ever after with Quinn but that wouldn't have been "Dexter". My only gripe is I think it should have ended with him driving into the Hurrican and dying. The lumberjack thing was way unbelievable.

I never thought suicide would be in Dexters nature. No matter what happens to him or his family. He would always survive somehow.

The whole season almost felt like a quick re-write. It was like they had this vogel storyline planned and then they found out that season 8 would be their last. So they quickly rushed around to end it,

I loved the Lost ending, I put it up there as one of the best with BSG.

As soon as I saw Rappy's comment I thought BSG should have been added to the list of worst endings.  That ending ruined the whole show for me.

As soon as I saw Rappy's comment I thought BSG should have been added to the list of worst endings.  That ending ruined the whole show for me.

Really? I loved the BSG ending.

I wanted a happy ending. The lumberjack thing reminded me of the old Incredible Hulk tv show. Maybe in the spin-off Dexter will roam from town to town solving mysteries and whatnot like Bill Bixby.

I wanted a happy ending. The lumberjack thing reminded me of the old Incredible Hulk tv show. Maybe in the spin-off Dexter will roam from town to town solving mysteries and whatnot like Bill Bixby.

Before, Dexter was killing people, now he's killing trees!

How could a show about a serial killer have a truly happy ending? I thought it was sad that he had to say goodbye to his son and Hannah and the scene with disconnecting Deb from life support was gut wrenching. I think the show would have ended perfectly with him him driving into the hurricane to die. The lumberjack thing didn't  make much sense not to mention how did he survive driving his boat into that storm?

The hospital scene with the guy with the cut out tongue was also really stupid! How did the guy manage to cut his tongue out? Just keep your mouth shut! He was also sitting in the drivers side. The other guy just had a knife, just get out of the frackin car!

• 5 weeks later...