Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

CAN. NOT. FREAKING. WAIT!

No emiticons can do justice to my excitement now! :D

Am I crazy to think that Dexter will come out at the end of S08 alive and not in prison? If he does, I think Deb has to die though, but not by Dexter's hand.

I think Dexter's secret is exposed to everyone, he loses his job and everyone except his son, has to go on the run, and in the end takes a new identity in another city and carries on just as before (or the same, but he stops being a serial killer, no more dark passenger).

(no spoilers, pure speculation)

I hope he doesn't get out. Not that I hate him or anything, but me, I want Debra to finish him off.

Then we'll have a sequel series with Debra as the serial killer. :P

If I know the Dexter writers they won't end it on something pithy and predictable like Dexter being killed or jailed. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with however!

This is a show that I honestly don't think could possibly have a satisfying ending. I hope the writers prove me wrong, but I just don't see it being satisfying.

Grrrrr 3 more hours until I can even start downloading it!!!!! :(. Damn work!

Was very disappointed by the Dexter premiere last night. Have a strong feeling it?ll be an completely unsatisfying final season.

The writing has really gone down hill over the years.

I can't stand that they skipped 6 months between s7 & 8. It is a copout if they don't show us how Dexter & Deb got away with killing LaGuerta, a murder case that obviously would have been a very high priority. The gun that Deb used looked to be her service weapon; the bullet would have been traced right back to Deb.

Didn't LaGuerta have two officers with her when they were looking for Dexter in those containers? What happened to them? Too many pieces of the missing six months that made the entire episode a complete and utter disappointment.

So that censored version sucked. :laugh:

Yeah, there were definitely loose ends they didn't tie up, but that's what skipping time let's you do. I agree that I thought about the fact that the gun used looked to be her service weapon and I figured that would be an easy trace back. But then again, you've got Dexter doing the analysis and who knows what he can fudge there. Just gotta chalk it up to it being a TV show, and them being more interested in getting set up for the final season and coasting to an end. The LaGuerta story line likely is completely in the past at this point, though I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see it come back again later, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't recall now or rather I didn't quite catch it, at her funeral did they say she wasn't found? Like Dexter dumped the body? In that case it would just go unsolved and it would be hard to trace back. We've seen a number of cases come back from previous seasons though, so there's nothing to say they won't bring this back either. In the end I'd expect all of his kills to be known regardless of if he lives, dies, and goes to jail.

That said, the writing definitely has gone downhill, but that's not something that started this season. Dexter was far better in earlier seasons, but I still find it enjoyable enough now. Lots of new writers over the years that don't quite live up to all the originals I guess.

Yeah, there were definitely loose ends they didn't tie up, but that's what skipping time let's you do. I agree that I thought about the fact that the gun used looked to be her service weapon and I figured that would be an easy trace back. But then again, you've got Dexter doing the analysis and who knows what he can fudge there. Just gotta chalk it up to it being a TV show, and them being more interested in getting set up for the final season and coasting to an end. The LaGuerta story line likely is completely in the past at this point, though I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see it come back again later, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't recall now or rather I didn't quite catch it, at her funeral did they say she wasn't found? Like Dexter dumped the body? In that case it would just go unsolved and it would be hard to trace back. We've seen a number of cases come back from previous seasons though, so there's nothing to say they won't bring this back either. In the end I'd expect all of his kills to be known regardless of if he lives, dies, and goes to jail.

That said, the writing definitely has gone downhill, but that's not something that started this season. Dexter was far better in earlier seasons, but I still find it enjoyable enough now. Lots of new writers over the years that don't quite live up to all the originals I guess.

I get what you're saying, but I can't imagine in real life they'd classify her as dead if her body was still to be discovered, even after 6 months, it still wouldn't even be a cold case. Plus, they specifically stated that "Deb took her death really hard." So they officially know she's dead based on that comment.

Personally, the entire plot took a nose dive after they introduced Travis Marshall. Actually, the downward angle of poor villans probably started after Arthur Mitchell, he was without a doubt the best villan on the show and season four almost was the best for me (I don't think any season could live up to season one).

Season 1 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 7 > 5 > 6

I actually didn't mind this episode but i can see why this 6monnth gap would be abit annoying. Nothing was said but maybe time will tell in future episodes of this gap.

If they don't explain how Dexter & Deb got away with it, and ignore it, then it'll be clear the writers goofed and had no idea how to get them out of the mess they wrote them into.

That also tells me that these are crap writers who should never be allowed even on the parking lot of a studio that has a even a remotely decent TV show.

Good start to the season IMO :). But seriously... THAT LAST SENTENCE  :|

Also: In the final episode of Season 7 after Hannah McKay busted out of jail she left some flowers by Dexter's door, yet there was absolutely no continuation of that story which seemed rather odd indeed.

If they don't explain how Dexter & Deb got away with it, and ignore it, then it'll be clear the writers goofed and had no idea how to get them out of the mess they wrote them into.

That also tells me that these are crap writers who should never be allowed even on the parking lot of a studio that has a even a remotely decent TV show.

Yeah kinda weak imo, I hope it gets better but with shows in their final season there's always a bit of poor start I always felt (Lost is a great example)

Laguerta story line in the past? Are you sure? Because in the all the trailers and teasers we've seen it seems like it's the driving force behind Debs guilt which seems like a big part of the season.

****ING PASSWORD!!

yeh this scene by far was soo cheesy it wasn't even funny, I mean how lazy are these writers? SO many loose ends not being clarified, and glaring obvious sequences not being followed. honestly this show is making me cringe now :(

yeh this scene by far was soo cheesy it wasn't even funny, I mean how lazy are these writers? SO many loose ends not being clarified, and glaring obvious sequences not being followed. honestly this show is making me cringe now :(

Ya for some reason something about that ENTIRE episode felt off. It didn't feel like a Dexter Episode. It honestly felt like a "Quick lets hurry up and make new episodes for an early July release".

Ya for some reason something about that ENTIRE episode felt off. It didn't feel like a Dexter Episode. It honestly felt like a "Quick lets hurry up and make new episodes for an early July release".

yeh pretty much sums it up, kinda disappointing :(