Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

Laguerta story line in the past? Are you sure? Because in the all the trailers and teasers we've seen it seems like it's the driving force behind Debs guilt which seems like a big part of the season.

Not in the past like it won't affect the season. The story line of Dexter builds off of each previous season pretty heavily, so it will certainly affect this season, but I meant they may or may not come back to the actual investigation in more depth still. For example, the ice truck killer and the bay harbor butcher story lines continue to be prominent in each season, but some of the other story lines have faded into the past. We'll just have to see. It's just the first episode. Either way we're all probably going to watch it, haha.

Have faith people. I too would like some fillers from the last six months and I wouldn't be surprised to see them worked in somehow. It felt like a lot was missing from the first episode and I figure they will know this themselves.

I get the feeling from the first episode that the woman is probably not real and is a projection like his father.

Are you talking about Doctor Evelyn Vogel? I don't think so. She's interacted with other real characters in the show, whereas we've never seen Harry interact with other characters, or other characters interact with him.

I get the feeling from the first episode that the woman is probably not real and is a projection like his father.

I had a weird feeling like that for a brief second, then I realized she interacted with all of the characters way too much. If she had just been there the whole time and only had talked to Dexter, I could see them sneaking that, but his father has never interacted or even existed around other characters in the show.

Edit: ^--- Yeah, what that guy said! :laugh:

Was it just me or was the worst thing about the first episode that

Batista is no longer in the restaurant business

?

I think the worst thing about the episode was the password scene.

• Like 2

Was it just me or was the worst thing about the first episode that

Batista is no longer in the restaurant business

?

Well... 

he also said that LaGuerta's death made him change his mind about leaving law enforcement

Well... 

he also said that LaGuerta's death made him change his mind about leaving law enforcement

Which makes every scene from last season that dealt with him getting the restaurant absolutely pointless and a waste of time.

[edit] I'm not meaning to be hating the show, I've been a fan of Dexter since I watched the first episode in 2008, but some of the decisions that have been made are really bugging me.

Not in the past like it won't affect the season. The story line of Dexter builds off of each previous season pretty heavily, so it will certainly affect this season, but I meant they may or may not come back to the actual investigation in more depth still. For example, the ice truck killer and the bay harbor butcher story lines continue to be prominent in each season, but some of the other story lines have faded into the past. We'll just have to see. It's just the first episode. Either way we're all probably going to watch it, haha.

I see what you're saying now. I haven't watched the first episode of season 8 yet but I'd probably agree.

They've already done that before though...twice. So I don't see them useing that again for a third time.

I had a weird feeling like that for a brief second, then I realized she interacted with all of the characters way too much. If she had just been there the whole time and only had talked to Dexter, I could see them sneaking that, but his father has never interacted or even existed around other characters in the show.

Edit: ^--- Yeah, what that guy said! :laugh:

She did interact but she also had drawings and knew about harry's code, so thus far the only other way I can think is harrison told him and harrison didn't know about that stuff. Other people know he has a code but he's never referred to it as 'harrys code' with others I don't think?

She did interact but she also had drawings and knew about harry's code, so thus far the only other way I can think is harrison told him and harrison didn't know about that stuff. Other people know he has a code but he's never referred to it as 'harrys code' with others I don't think?

It's possible she was close friends with Harry and he trusted her enough to tell her about Dexter and asked her to keep an eye on him or something?

Yeah, I think that's what gave me a little bit of the same feeling of her being in his head for a second. I think she's real but she's someone important that he doesn't know yet. Something like Nagisan said

IMO, I think its obvious that Harry brought her Dexter's drawings when he was little -- seeking help from a professional -- and she was the one that advised Harry to teach him a code. That's why she knows everything about him.

How crazy was the "this season on Dexter" bit at the end of the episode.

I think it should be a great final season

the fact she wants to use him (and his code) to catch another sociopath is pretty cool, seems Hannah may be the one to kill him perhaps too

My highlight of the episode was Jamie's sex scene.

My lowlight of the episode was Quinn's cancer victim style haircut...

My lowlight of the episode was Quinn's cancer victim style haircut...

Then again he MIGHT actually have cancer or the aids.

• Like 2

IMO, I think its obvious that Harry brought her Dexter's drawings when he was little -- seeking help from a professional -- and she was the one that advised Harry to teach him a code. That's why she knows everything about him.

I was thinking this as well, but then it begs the question, why has it taken her this long to approach him? Why now? I know we'll get that answer this season, or at least, we had better :P 

I think I understand why this season is the last though, I think they really just ran up against a brick wall and realized it is time to end it.

Maybe I am too shallow to read deep into shows.  I found the 6 month thing kind of meh, lots of shows do it, didn't bug me.  I laughed at the password thing I thought it was quite funny.  Couldn't care less about Laguerta and he death, I think it was more of a: "Lets get rid of her so we can go a new path" not "What can we do with Laguerta to keep her story going".

To me, Season 8 looks like it should be really good.  I disliked last season, and the one before (too much story).  I also thoroughly enjoyed the season premiere, I had no complaints about it.

Also, the Chief dude talks about Vogel so it is pretty clear she isn't made up.  I wouldn't be surprised if she was just really close to Harry.  I also fully believe that as part of her psycho-neuropath-ology stuff.  She preformed surgeries to try and make people psychopaths to study them.  I think she was removing that empathy part of the brain and that one of her patients (one she did it to) is trying to do the same and build an army OR is trying to get it back.

I was thinking this as well, but then it begs the question, why has it taken her this long to approach him? Why now? I know we'll get that answer this season, or at least, we had better :p

I think I understand why this season is the last though, I think they really just ran up against a brick wall and realized it is time to end it.

Because she thinks the latest serial killer is one of her patients and is going to try to murder her.

Because she

thinks the latest serial killer is one of her patients and is going to try to murder her.

I don't remember that from the show, which means this is a spoiler.

And even if that's true, still doesn't explain why she hasn't been around before now. If Harry told her about Dexter, and she was tasked to check in on him, where has she been until now?

And even if that's true, still doesn't explain why she hasn't been around before now. If Harry told her about Dexter, and she was tasked to check in on him, where has she been until now?

Its in one of the preview clips for next weeks episode, on SHO.com

I don't watch any clips anymore. I am 100% spoiler free. I even stop coming to the threads two days before watching an episode to avoid any spoilerage :P 

Maybe I am too shallow to read deep into shows.  I found the 6 month thing kind of meh, lots of shows do it, didn't bug me.  I laughed at the password thing I thought it was quite funny.  Couldn't care less about Laguerta and he death, I think it was more of a: "Lets get rid of her so we can go a new path" not "What can we do with Laguerta to keep her story going".

Thank you!  Exactly what I was thinking.  Everybody make a fuss about the missing 6 month, I'm quite happy the Laguerta thing is over.  It's the LAST season, my guess, they need to do something bigger than drag the last season into the final.

She was in England.  Has been back in the States for a year.  Also, we don't know what she was doing during that time, also it is entirely possible that she taught Harry the code.