Windows 8 RT Flash Player Tool (whitelister)

Hey guys so I been working on a script that allows users to add any website they want to the whitelist so that they can view that specific flash website on any Windows 8 RT device. Give it a try if you have an RT device. My script will also have an option to copy over the custom whitelist that?s in the script as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

http://www.filedropper.com/windowsrtadobeflashtool

Windows RT Adobe Flash Tool.zip

Care to post some screenshots?

Here you go :)

I made it very basic so the average user would not have trouble using it. I choose a script because it requires no install and its under 1 MB in size

post-453937-0-97494200-1357750661.png

post-453937-0-31393500-1357750667.png

if we can get a few users to confirm this works, can put it up on the front page...also, why is the word Adobe in the name of the tool?

For sure, I?ve had a good 5 people tell me it works. Yeah I can change that, I thought it would be a bad idea. I just can't think of a name that makes sense. If I use "Windows RT Flash tool" people will think it?s a firmware flash tool. If you have any suggestions by all means let me know. I can fix it ASAP. Maybe Windows RT Flash player tool?

I was thinking of putting a video together as well.

It works great so far. It does take about 2 minutes for it to add the custom address to the whitelist. That?s just because of the algorithm I used, I started making this tool a few days ago so i'm looking for input. However it works it does the job I've had people test there special tv show websites and stuff and they all said it was working.

Video would rock if you could do it

Something simple like Windows RT Whitelist Flash tool would work too.

Sounds good, I'll get on that right now!

Hey guys so I been working on a script that allows users to add any website they want to the whitelist so that they can view that specific flash website on any Windows 8 RT device. Give it a try if you have an RT device. My script will also have an option to copy over the custom whitelist that?s in the script as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

Here is the latest update

http://www.filedropper.com/windowsrtwhitelistflashtool

Video coming shortly!

Please call it Flash PLAYER tool. I thought it was related to Firmware flashing when I read the title.

I know sorry, I changed the title throughout the whole app. trying to edit the thread right now its not working..

Maybe a mod could change it to Windows RT Whitelist Flash player tool

Two users have said that when selecting any option it says "duplicate files exists or cannot find file" I will have this fixed in the next release I have found the root cause,

however here is a temporary workaround

1. Open the run command and type %temp% and delete anything inside that folder (this will clear your temp directory)

2. Now run the script again and you should not have any issues.

Please report any bugs I will attempt to resolve them ASAP.

Thank you guys for all your support, I will update this thread as soon as the new release is available

doesn't seem to work for aebn.com?

The videos may be hosted on another site you need to add that site as well

Question...

Are you able to create a specific tool that automates this process for a certain site? Or maybe add an option within the current tool?

Many many colleges use a website called MyMathLab or MyLabsPlus to assign homework assignments. This website uses Flash but is not on Microsoft's whitelist (and apparently are in no hurry to do so since I contacted their tech support team to let them know that it's not working for me... they said it would be about 8 months before they started supporting 8/RT).

I was able to get it to work by doing some research and figuring out what sites need to be manually added to the whitelist... it's a list of like 15 sites that the main site references.

I purchased my Surface RT tablet for this very purpose, I wanted to be able to do my math homework from it... but I was disappointed to find out that it didnt work (without me jumping through hoops).

If you're able to do this, I can get the list of sites to you, otherwise it's ok. I appreciate the work you've put into the Whitelist Flash Tool!

Question...

Are you able to create a specific tool that automates this process for a certain site? Or maybe add an option within the current tool?

Many many colleges use a website called MyMathLab or MyLabsPlus to assign homework assignments. This website uses Flash but is not on Microsoft's whitelist (and apparently are in no hurry to do so since I contacted their tech support team to let them know that it's not working for me... they said it would be about 8 months before they started supporting 8/RT).

I was able to get it to work by doing some research and figuring out what sites need to be manually added to the whitelist... it's a list of like 15 sites that the main site references.

I purchased my Surface RT tablet for this very purpose, I wanted to be able to do my math homework from it... but I was disappointed to find out that it didnt work (without me jumping through hoops).

If you're able to do this, I can get the list of sites to you, otherwise it's ok. I appreciate the work you've put into the Whitelist Flash Tool!

Hey what I can do is add thoes 15 sites to the custom list option if you like? since I know a lot of colleges and school use it. :)

*******Also to anyone else if you have a list of websites that are not in the custom list let me know i will add them*********

Hey what I can do is add thoes 15 sites to the custom list option if you like? since I know a lot of colleges and school use it. :)

*******Also to anyone else if you have a list of websites that are not in the custom list let me know i will add them*********

Sure, I added these sites to my whitelist:

<domain>northlakecollege.edu</domain>
<domain>cengage.com</domain>
<domain>coursecompass.com</domain>
<domain>ecollege.com</domain>
?<domain>mathxl.com</domain>
<domain>myitlab.com</domain>
<domain>mylabsplus.com</domain>
<domain>mymathlab.com</domain>
<domain>mypearson.com</domain>
<domain>pearsoncmg.com</domain>
<domain>pearsoned.com</domain>
<domain>safeassign.com</domain>
<domain>interactmath.com</domain>
[/CODE]

I believe that's all that's needed for it to work. I also had to disable the pop up blocker for each one of those sites, but that's a whole different issue that's not related to the Flash Whitelist tool. The first domain is for my college... so I assume it's not necessarily needed, it's up to you to add it or not.

Edit: Here's a PDF showing instructions and the list of domains from a different college: http://centralaz.edu/Documents/Distance_Learning/Online_Learning/GoogleChromeBrowserSettings.pdf

Sure, I added these sites to my whitelist:

<domain>northlakecollege.edu</domain>
<domain>cengage.com</domain>
<domain>coursecompass.com</domain>
<domain>ecollege.com</domain>
?<domain>mathxl.com</domain>
<domain>myitlab.com</domain>
<domain>mylabsplus.com</domain>
<domain>mymathlab.com</domain>
<domain>mypearson.com</domain>
<domain>pearsoncmg.com</domain>
<domain>pearsoned.com</domain>
<domain>safeassign.com</domain>
<domain>interactmath.com</domain>
[/CODE]

I believe that's all that's needed for it to work. I also had to disable the pop up blocker for each one of those sites, but that's a whole different issue that's not related to the Flash Whitelist tool. The first domain is for my college... so I assume it's not necessarily needed, it's up to you to add it or not.

Edit: Here's a PDF showing instructions and the list of domains from a different college: http://centralaz.edu...serSettings.pdf

Thanks! I will add these to the list for the next realse coming soon! with lots of improvements