Taco Bell Employee Jailed For Handcuffing Himself To Co-Worker

A Taco Bell employee, who was so desperate for a date that he handcuffed himself to a female co-worker, is now facing 10 years in prison for the stunt.

Jason Earl Dean, 25, handcuffed himself to his 18-year-old co-worker at the Taco Bell they worked at as she was leaving, after desperately trying for a month to get her attention.

Dean waited outside the fast food restaurant in Ringgold, Georgia until the woman finished her shift at 9 PM and handcuffed himself to her as she tried to get into her car.

Dean plead guilty to false imprisonment charges, and was sentenced to four years in prison and six years of probation by a judge at Catoosa County Superior Court.

According to the 18-year-old, Dean had been ?making passes? at her for a month before the August 2011 incident, trying to convince her to go out with him, Catoosa News reported.

Dean has also been ordered to not have any contact with the victim or her family.

source

4 years seems way overboard. Some killers get less.

I agree, unless there is more to the story than what we read. Maybe a few months and probation to really teach him a lesson, but 4 years is way to long for something like this. But, in a country where the prisons are privatized.... this is what we will have to expect unless we call for a change in our system, which we really need.

Sexual Harassment & Assault sure and get an restraining order against him, but 4 years prison! 30 days most! He probably was stupid and didn't get a lawyer, he probably could have got the prosecutor to drop the false imprisonment charges if he took at plea for lesser charges. I'm sure that the handcuffs would have been a matter of minutes, but I can't find a source.

Seems light considering you can get 25 years for downloading a few songs. Sigh.

The punishments for lots of crimes just don't seem to fit.