Video game genres you simply don't like?

i have never been a fan of Fighting games, racing games, sports games, or music games

When i was younger i did not like RTS games, that was until i came across StarCraft. Ever since i have been a fan of the RTS genre.

Favorite Genre of games is still the Traditional RPG (Final Fantasy) however, anymore i see myself spending more time playing Minecraft (FPS,sandbox) and other games like Saints Row the Third, so Third person Action games.

I really dislike musics games (Guitar Hero, Singstar etc) most other games I'll play, I think the only type of game that I've never tried is MMO.

I dislike "sim" type games... Also really hate those types, I don't know what the genre is called but I think the old Burger Time game was one. Where you have to deal with usually an assembly-line type of thing and perform a task and it gets faster and faster until you fail, you can never actually win. I know people who love these types of games, but they just stress me out :laugh:

Sports games (nhl, fifa, madden, wrestling, nascar)

MMORPGs (wow, dota, guild wars) and

pre-2006 FPS (COD, bioshock, halo, far cry)

and somewhat tower defense, with the exception of plants vs. zombies :laugh:

Anything FPS or just stuff that involves a lot of shooting in general. GTA for example, ew. Also hate sports games. And racing games.

I like games like Assassin's Creed, or Beyond Good and Evil. And World of Goo! Team Fortress too, but I'm pretty much always medic or engineer (and good at it). World in Conflict was very good too.

Srpg's - The turn based "grid movement" army unit development / micromanagement type's.

Love regular jrpg's however

RPGs and it's variants. They're the geekiest genre of game. They're just so boring, repetitive, and 90% of the people I know who play them... let's just say you can tell they play them. I worked at HMV over Christmas last year and I could pick the gamers who would buy an RPG. They're so obvious.

I dislike "sim" type games... Also really hate those types, I don't know what the genre is called but I think the old Burger Time game was one. Where you have to deal with usually an assembly-line type of thing and perform a task and it gets faster and faster until you fail, you can never actually win. I know people who love these types of games, but they just stress me out :laugh:

I have to ask, considering your Green Bay logo. Do you play Madden?

Adventure games. It has to be a really special one for me to like it - Phantasmagoria (old school!), Longest Journey. Otherwise I find them to be incredibly boring. RTS games are very hit or miss for me. Especially the amount of time you have to sink into it. If I didn't have a 2 year old daughter it may be be a different story but I just don't want to spend most of my free gaming time planning a strategy and implementing it. I'll throw sports games in there too.

On a sidenote, I find it irritating they always use non gameplay screenshots to sell a sports game. Granted, this isn't exclusive to them but I mean, those visuals and angles couldn't be further from what you get in a sports title. Unless I just haven't played the modern ones.

Adventure games. It has to be a really special one for me to like it - Phantasmagoria (old school!), Longest Journey. Otherwise I find them to be incredibly boring. RTS games are very hit or miss for me. Especially the amount of time you have to sink into it. If I didn't have a 2 year old daughter it may be be a different story but I just don't want to spend most of my free gaming time planning a strategy and implementing it. I'll throw sports games in there too.

On a sidenote, I find it irritating they always use non gameplay screenshots to sell a sports game. Granted, this isn't exclusive to them but I mean, those visuals and angles couldn't be further from what you get in a sports title. Unless I just haven't played the modern ones.

Angles, definitely not (unless you use instant replay.) But the visuals are usually spot on.

Angles, definitely not (unless you use instant replay.) But the visuals are usually spot on.

Haha yeah I thought that after I posted it. Visuals are pretty spot on, it's the angles they use to sell the game. I'd love some quick action close ups. I just can't get past the view point :(. I get it's for the sake of seeing and controlling a team but I don't know...I just feel so far removed from the action. I do like watching my friends replays though!

I do like some sports games - Mostly EA MMA and the UFC Undisputed series.

Halo 4 reguvinated FPS for me, Black Cops 2 was a turn off

As for genre, I don't like the dance/fake guitar shovelware games I'm seeing. I use to like those games when I saw them hooked to Japanese DDR machines but for home use, nah.

same, any FPS that turns into reguvinated franchise year by year same thing with minor changes.

I hate the games like FF where you walk around and an enemy appears out of know where and you have to spend a few mins taking turns killing him. How stupid!