Men with assault rifles walk through Portland, 'educate' public

Nope and I hope I never have to use it. But if I do then atleast I'll be ready.

The world is not a happy go lucky place.

Is there any reason you don't carry it concealed?

I understand it might be a visual deterrent but I would be uneasy with someone openly carrying near me.

• Like 1

It's like I always say..."Better to have and not need, than to need and not have."

Strange... according to anti gun nuts, this should have resulted in a shoot out in the street. This story must be a fake.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-180740169.html

One person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in California, as Vice President Joe Biden said he would provide the president with recommendations to curb gun violence in the next five days.

The victim was airlifted from Taft Union High School, about 120 miles north of Los Angeles, to hospital in nearby Bakersfield.

Theres something to balance it out....

Also:

One CEO says he's willing to go to outrageous lengths to protect his right to use a gun.

James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, a Tennessee company that trains people in weapon and tactical skills, claimed in a video posted on YouTube and Facebook that he would "start killing people" if President Barack Obama decides to take executive action to pass further gun control policies, Raw Story reports.

In a frenetic address to the camera, Yeager puts a call out to other gun rights advocates to "load your damn mags" and "get ready to fight" in what he claims will turn into a "civil war" if gun control measures in the country get any stricter.

Yeager's diatribe was a response to a recent statement from Vice President Joe Biden indicating that Obama was exploring using executive orders to address gun policy. Yeager accused Obama of being a "dictator" for considering taking action without Congress.

After the massacre in Newtown, Conn. last month, Obama instituted a task force lead by Biden to come up with policy proposals to deal with gun violence no later than this month.

The Washington Post reported that the White House is considering more expansive measures to tackle gun violence than simply reinstating a ban on assault weapons and large magazines. Biden's working group will consider initiatives such as a national database to track sale and movement of weapons and universal background checks for gun buyers.

These are the kind of morons along with the people in the OP who are "responsible gun owners"

• Like 2

Is there any reason you don't carry it concealed?

I understand it might be a visual deterrent but I would be uneasy with someone openly carrying near me.

Winter/cold weather I have a jacket on. An during the warm weather it looks very odd and I take notice to more people looking at the visible big bulge under my shirt.

Strange... according to pro gun nuts, these guys should've been out protecting the civilians from criminals and saving lives, not being attention ######.

Had something happened, they could have. Stop being unrealistic and maybe people won't treat you like the nut. These individuals have done nothing wrong, nothing illegal.

Wait, let me be as unrealistic as you. There we have it! Proof! Because these two people were on street, the thousands of killers that were planning a public shooting that day in that town changed their minds! FREE GUNS FOR EVERYONE! Yep, just as ignorant as your comment.

Stop being unrealistic and maybe people won't treat you like the nut. These individuals have done nothing wrong, nothing illegal.

Sorry but that's bull****, after all that's happened in the past few weeks, all the shootings, what did they expect to happen walking down the streets with rifles strapped to their backs, of course people are going to be paranoid.

If they wanted to educate people they should have done it in a more organised way, set up an event in the local hall, put out flyers, not walk down the street with weapons strapped to their backs.

• Like 1

^ The styling ? Fires a lot of rounds per second.

Maybe. I don't know. I've read different things from different sources. There doesn't appear to be an actual commonly agreed upon definition. That being the case, how can you ban something you don't know?

If I stabbed you with a knife, wouldn't that be considered an assault weapon?

Maybe. I don't know. I've read different things from different sources. There doesn't appear to be an actual commonly agreed upon definition. That being the case, how can you ban something you don't know?

If I stabbed you with a knife, wouldn't that be considered an assault weapon?

no.

Maybe we should ban common sense, oh wait that wouldn't make any difference as the general level of intelligence of a gun owner is pretty much bottom of the barrel anyway.

Then I'll buy an F-35!! I have no reason for one, but IT'S MY RIGHT!!

I could maybe use it for work.

/s

Yeah good luck finding a parking spot.........ehehehe

/s

Maybe we should ban common sense, oh wait that wouldn't make any difference as the general level of intelligence of a gun owner is pretty much bottom of the barrel anyway.

And your true face shows. Just another ignorant child scared of something he doesn't understand. Let the rest of us grownups talk. Atleast we are trying to have a sensable conversation about what changes can be made that doesn't infringe on our right to defend ourselves while protecting the public verse your lay down and let criminals do as they please, including kill you, attitude.

Yeah good luck finding a parking spot.........ehehehe

/s

Psh, just use a missile to clear one out

Maybe we should ban common sense, oh wait that wouldn't make any difference as the general level of intelligence of a gun owner the English is pretty much bottom of the barrel anyway.

Sweeping untrue statements can be easily typed. :rofl:

no.

It would be considered assault with a deadly weapon. Assault weapon refers to any weapon with either a burst or automatic fire option. Assault can be carried out with anything, but an 'assault' weapon is designed to put as many rounds downrange in the shortest amount of time as accurately as possible.

And your true face shows. Just another ignorant child scared of something he doesn't understand. Let the rest of us grownups talk. Atleast we are trying to have a sensable conversation about what changes can be made that doesn't infringe on our right to defend ourselves while protecting the public verse your lay down and let criminals do as they please, including kill you, attitude.

I don't see any sensible conversation, just a load of "omg why do you even care" and "omg you dont know what you are talking about".

I understand plenty about guns, not so much the paranoia that all gun owners have that the ninjas are going to attack while the government tries to kill them and take away their precious guns.

• Like 1

These are the kind of morons along with the people in the OP who are "responsible gun owners"

Yes, they were within their rights, broke no laws, did nothing wrong at all. Yet somehow in your fantasy land, they are irresponsible.

You just aren't happy until blood flows in the streets with these stories so you can stand on your soapbox are you?

Right. We are scared of guns. But keep it on! Can't wait to see you guys rise up and start another 1776.

Where the hell do you live in PA that it is necessary to carry a gun?

And wherever that is, can I make a recommendation. Move.

I mean seriously. If your area is that bad, time to move somewhere that is not.

And I live in NJ. Sure, there are some bad parts. hell, my place of birth Newark, NJ, is one of them. So you know what I do. Avoid those parts.

So in my 36 years on this planet living in NJ, I have seen a gun pulled out a total of 1 time. That was at some house party in college and dude thought he was being a tough guy. Never seen a gun any other time in my life, and I grew up in Newark, Elizabeth, then central NJ. The first 2 places are not tourist attractions by any stretch of the imagination.

So sorry, I just do not buy it. if you live somewhere that bad, move.

Yes, they were within their rights, broke no laws, did nothing wrong at all. Yet somehow in your fantasy land, they are irresponsible.

You just aren't happy until blood flows in the streets with these stories so you can stand on your soapbox are you?

I never said they broke any laws, I was just saying there is a time and a place for everything, walking down the street with semi automatic rifles on their back not days after a mass shooting is a bit irresponsible. They were doing it for attention rather than to 'educate' people.

• Like 1

I don't see any sensible conversation, just a load of "omg why do you even care" and "omg you dont know what you are talking about".

I understand plenty about guns, not so much the paranoia that all gun owners have that the ninjas are going to attack while the government tries to kill them and take away their precious guns.

We are talking about how they did something legal and within their rights and you are going on about how they should be crime fighting...yea....

Do you regularly get ambushed by gun toting criminals?

In the last 3 days in this area a veteran just returned from A'stan was mugged, shot and killed by a carjacker - what's becoming a popular sport in Detroit. Not long after that a cabbie was robbed at an intersection -he was killed and his female passenger wounded.

Around here the unarmed are killed & eaten.

As to carrying open; compact & full sized pistols run from 21 to 40 ounces. If during spring/summer you are wearing light clothing that thing will be obvious no matter if it's inside or outside of your pants. I usually carry inside my pants unless I'm carrying my .50 Desert Eagle or BFR .500 Mag - those are too big for inside the pants.

Then there are shoulder holsters, common when wearing a suit, tux or blazer. Take off ghe jacket and concealed carry is instantly open carry.

Women have it easier. My daughter & wife carry their compact sized pistols in thigh holsters under their skirts or in s bra holster that attaches in front between the cups. When wearing pants theu carry in a fanny pack holster.