Critical Java zero-day bug is being

and how is that any different if the user must use Java everyday?

it's not physically installed on your system so it is VERY much less likely for it to be accessed without your strict permission

aka no path links or anything like if it were fully installed, so you must direct the app to it manually each time

Not only because a lot of people use but also because it's something that too many people never update.

I read somewhere else that this bug is present in version 4 through 7. So yeah, updating to version 7 sure did help huh?

I do ISP tech support and have noticed I've been dealing with a huge spike of people calling in that can't get online in internet explorer (but can ping sites fine every time in cmd) due to obviously malware infested computers in the past few days, very annoying :/ (common malware side-effect is causing IE to instantly say webpage cannot be displayed)

I'd agree to disable the browser plugin but the JVM itself is crucial in many businesses, such as where I work at.

Glad I. banished the jabba runtime enviornment to a single vm with Cisco cp. Wouldn't install it on a production machine

No idea why developers and companies like Cisco use this trash.

This is what really ****es me off with Cisco. It seems anything they bundle together that isn't a vpn product uses Java and an ancient version specific installshield mess to force-feed it onto a machine.