Jurassic World (2015)

Aside from all the handbags-at-dawn nonsense, I went to see Jurassic World yesterday. Sure, its no match against the original film, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. :)

I saw it last night, and thought it was exactly as expected, exactly as it should've been.

I enjoyed it.  I thought the acting was good, story was good too... although you already knew the Raptor with the non-standard name was going to have a hero moment as soon as it was introduced!

I like dinosaurs, but I feel like the whole movie was propaganda. These jerks created a dino specimen, and then when they couldn't control it, annihilated it and then proceed to a guiltless ending... besides the park is pretty much doomed in the end, nobody involved in the creation of this dinosaur really accepts any responsibility.

Think any financial crisis from the last 15 years, where underhanded dealings devastate markets and it impacts everyone, but the culprits are not held liable for anything: no one goes to jail, a fine the size of peanuts may exchange hands. This is the same message, from Hollywood.

fin.

Chris Pratt is not a leading man, he's played the exact same frat boy in every movie, and he's gotten really lucky he was cast for GoTG and JW, now he's become a huge star without any actual talent - reminds me of Sam Worthington who for a while was in everything, then people realized just how bad of an actor he was.

It also makes me sad how the new Star Wars, almost certainly a far better movie, and certainly with a *much* bigger fan base, will likely not beat this record, because winter movies never make as much money as summer.

• Like 1

Chris Pratt is not a leading man, he's played the exact same frat boy in every movie, and he's gotten really lucky he was cast for GoTG and JW, now he's become a huge star without any actual talent - reminds me of Sam Worthington who for a while was in everything, then people realized just how bad of an actor he was.

It also makes me sad how the new Star Wars, almost certainly a far better movie, and certainly with a *much* bigger fan base, will likely not beat this record, because winter movies never make as much money as summer.

QFT...

I agree, I always think of Chris Pratt as Chris Pratt when watching his movies, I never get  "swept" into his roles. But that's hollywood for you, same could be said for so many subpar actors, but if that's what selling, guaranteed he/she will be in it.

On movie, I actually enjoyed it, I thought it was on spot. years later, still trying to capitalize on how the 1st one failed, we still didn't learn our lesson and history always repeats itself... I will judge the JW series when the sequel comes out, there's so much potential for this to become a godzilla type that would be just a major let down.

QFT...

I agree, I always think of Chris Pratt as Chris Pratt when watching his movies, I never get  "swept" into his roles. But that's hollywood for you, same could be said for so many subpar actors, but if that's what selling, guaranteed he/she will be in it.

On movie, I actually enjoyed it, I thought it was on spot. years later, still trying to capitalize on how the 1st one failed, we still didn't learn our lesson and history always repeats itself... I will judge the JW series when the sequel comes out, there's so much potential for this to become a godzilla type that would be just a major let down.

I loved him GOTG

The first time i entered the Jurassic World my dream was to be a good actor or a good director. Then i realised that to fulfill this dream i would have to leave said world.

First movie failed? I think the first Jurassic Park was a very good movie. Way better than this one imo.

A couple things I'd like to say about JW.  I did not like the subtle attempts at trying to do a romantic subplot.  It was done as if it was an afterthought.  Like the finished with a good action movie, then someone said, "Oh crap - no love scene, no romantic  subplot !"  - then they threw a few lines in.

Other than that small gripe - I liked the movie.  The last 30 minutes were great, especially the last 10. 

I give the movie a B rating. - Not great, but good.

The first time i entered the Jurassic World my dream was to be a good actor or a good director. Then i realised that to fulfill this dream i would have to leave said world.

First movie failed? I think the first Jurassic Park was a very good movie. Way better than this one imo.

bad wording, I meant, how the story developed, eg, they failed to control dinosaurs in JP1

I loved him GOTG

Meh, I have to agree with defcon, the difference between his role in GOTG and JW, is his trying to be sorta redneck accent.

Just saw the movie and enjoyed it. Was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I thought the CGI was done very well and especially liked the last fight.

I feel that it's another case where I wish I hadn't watched the trailer. They included a few of the more striking scenes (mainly the big croc) which meant I knew what to expect at those moments, bit of a shame.

bad wording, I meant, how the story developed, eg, they failed to control dinosaurs in JP1

Meh, I have to agree with defcon, the difference between his role in GOTG and JW, is his trying to be sorta redneck accent.

Too bad he also didn't have a dance-off with the I-Rex  :rofl:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party, but I just watched it and it was very entertaining, way more than I would've expected. I loved the JP references/items here and there and I totally did NOT see that coming at the final fight scene (with the water dinosaur). What bothered me was:

- things went bad too fast, like what, 15 minutes into the movie?!

- why are they trying to make raptors seem so invincible? I know they're smart and fast, etc., but how did they expect 4 raptors to defeat that thing?!

- the dead Brontosauruses :(

P.S. Also, I doubt they'll do a sequel, because they pretty much got themselves into a corner, even if Henry's escape suggests a sequel. What could they do next?? The park proved to be a disaster again, so I doubt they'll do ANOTHER one ever again. And the idea with using mini-raptors as, what, "black-ops"? This is beyond stupid, I really hope they don't make a mess like this.

They are doing a sequel, probably two more in fact. And it's pretty much a given it won't be on an island next time around. The director of JW said they would move locations for any future movies off the island locales. Then again, he also said they wanted to train more dinos and have them working for the government. So how far off from Raptors with lasers are we really?