Jurassic World (2015)

Jeff Goldblum talks to The Huffington Post about returning for Roland Emmerich's Independence Day 2 and why he didn't appear in Jurassic Park III and why his character Ian Malcolm probably won't be back for Jurassic World .

That's disappointing. I really wanted him to return. He was my favorite in the first two.

itwvpl.png

Details are sparse, bur Deadline report that Vincent D?Onofrio and Irrfan Khan have signed on to star in the next installment of Universal?s Jurassic Park franchise. We don't know a thing about Khan's role yet, but apparently D?Onofrio will play the baddie. Jurassic World is directed by Colin Trevorrow and also stars Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy), Bryce Dallas Howard (Spider-Man 3), Ty Simpkins (Iron Man 3), and Nick Robinson (The Kings Of Summer). The movie hits theaters June 12th, 2015.

Source

But he's done R-rated movies before though. Why not make a solid Jurassic Park without holding back?

Because it's the type of film he sticks kids in, makes them the focus and most of the time they're also annoying. I just hope I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

1395156219.png

I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back. They?re iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn?t about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they?d go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go. But there is a character from the first film who makes sense in our world. This hasn?t been announced yet, but BD Wong will be returning as Dr. Henry Wu. He had a much larger role in the original novel, he was the engineer of this breakthrough in de-extinction. He spent two decades living in Hammond?s shadow, underappreciated. We think there?s more to his story.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/349877-which-jurassic-park-character-is-back-for-jurassic-world-director-spills-the-beans/

• Like 1

Lol his face. I love that scene.

"You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will... breed?" :laugh:

Trevorrow had this to say to IGN about Pratt and Howard?s characters:

He?s a classic hero in a very modern context. He?s the guy who will get you through the jungle alive ? but like Malcolm, Grant and Sattler, he?s an expert in a scientific field that?s connected to our story. The character allows us to explore some new ideas about our relationship with these animals, without losing the humor and sense of adventure. He?s a great contrast for Bryce Dallas Howard?s character, who starts off very corporate, very controlled. Until the running and screaming starts. Then they need each other.

http://collider.com/jurassic-park-4-world-bd-wong/

Let me guess.  Get to the island safely, something goes wrong, dinosaurs attack, people die, get off island safely.

Gee thats only been the premise since Jurassic Park, Lost World, and I wont even acknowledge 3 it was such a joke.