Dashcam in Russia

I've never seem them as bad as the russian videos.... it's like they where never tought how to drive at all and where just given a car and keys and told go to it.....

You should take a ride with me :p Apparently when I get into the car, stupidity seems magnitized towards me. Even my friends agree, riding with me equals a scary time on the road. Not due to how I drive, but how often I have to avoid other's and their horrible driving. If I wasn't as aware of my surroundings as I am, I'd be rich but paralyzed :p

• 3 weeks later...

All looks set up, the same people going backwards and forwards in the blue car and swap seats, do the same thing at the traffic lights, the blirt in the road trying to cross, the driver is laughing and grinning when he gets out as is the pedestrian.

I wonder if a drivers license is required in Russia? I know it's a very bureaucratic country so I would be shocked if theirs no license requirements to drive.

Even though that doesn't stop you from bribing the official to approve your license. I know a friend of mine went there to marry his Beautiful Russian, now ex-wife,

(actually her friends were way hotter :woot: ). and he had to bribe the official to get his marriage license application approved, They official told him otherwise it would

take approximately 3 months to approve, but once my friend handed the guy a US $100. bill, the official took a rubber stamp out of his pocket, Stamped the application

and signed it on the spot. Approved, just like that! friend said people don't stop at traffic lights in Moscow, they drive on the sidewalks to pass other cars. Crazy country,

the first video is fake. but the reason why Russians have dashcams is because the amount of insurance fraud. go to liveleak and search for Russian videos. theres people throwing themselves on cars, drivers purposely reversing into cars behind them, guys jumping out cars with guns in their hands.

They have dashcams due to the insane amount of accidents that happen purposely to fraud the insurance companies. People try to throw themselves infront of cars, as well as having no real standard for how the cars physical shape should be. All this has resulted in people getting in accidents constantly, and then, before the dashcam, having to pay a lot of money due to insurance not covering.

Now though, since most have a dashcam, they can prove to the insurance companies that the accident was not their fault.

I've wondered about that before. Thanks for the explanation. (Y)

To bad it's all staged though.

Source?

You should see some of the others on Youtube. I watched a 10 minute one a few weeks ago and just couldn't believe some of the things that happened. :|

Source?

You should see some of the others on Youtube. I watched a 10 minute one a few weeks ago and just couldn't believe some of the things that happened. :|

Source should be common sense. It's just a few friends having fun, with a typical Russian humor.

What you saw in that 10 minute video was sourced from **** ton of video footage through out the years. Not from a single source that was filmed during a "test run" with his friend, for a dash cam that was gifted to him by his wife .

starting to think the Russian military are all drunk..... flying jets over roads, helicopters chasing cars at low levels..... tanks randomly crossing the roads.......

The driver of the tank (or, rather a tankman :D) broke no traffic rules because he was going on the green light that is evident by seeing the red light for the car with the dashcam.

As for the low flying jets - 1, 2, 3.

I've seen enough of these Russian dash-cam videos to know I never EVER want to drive in Russia.. the standard of driving there sends shivers down my spine every time I watch them.

On the positive side, those who have mastered the art of driving on the Russian roads (and survived :D) drive with ease and pretty much have it made when they rent a car in a foreign country (speaking from a personal experience).