New Ghost in the Shell Series (Arise) announced for 2013

major.jpg

Notice of initiation "ARISE Ghost in the Shell" new anime in 2013 has been published in the Monthly Young Magazine. By Mr. Kazuya Kise, Mr. Ding. structure and screenplay, music and Cornelius, the general director of visual Motoko Kusanagi is also published. Recital scheduled production of "ARISE Ghost in the Shell" from 21:00 February 12 is performed, by a special guest and talk show latest video is made ??public.The pattern of production or presentation will be delivered free of charge live. Also, seems to be also held live viewing event of presentation + screening series of works produced in the past.

Translation via Google

(source)

(official website)

This is very exciting as Ghost in the Shell is one of my all time Favorite shows/movies/Manga

Edited by littleneutrino

the Tachikomas are soooooo cuuuute they'd better be in it!!

I would hope so, so far the only thing i can find is that the Major will be in it. (without her i cannot see a point in a new series) However, the Tachikomas better be in it. I love those things.

Without much info on this yet, going by the new picture of motoko we have I think this could finally be a true sequel to the two movies and not a third season to the anime tv series. I say this because not only does she look different she looks younger imo. If it was a new season after 2nd gig she'd look the same. For those who remember the end of the original movie she lost her body and switched to a new one that looked like a young girl. She's also a ghost only in the second movie.

So yeah I think we're getting a series following the original movie timeline and not the alternate one from the stand alone complex shows.

Without much info on this yet, going by the new picture of motoko we have I think this could finally be a true sequel to the two movies and not a third season to the anime tv series. I say this because not only does she look different she looks younger imo. If it was a new season after 2nd gig she'd look the same. For those who remember the end of the original movie she lost her body and switched to a new one that looked like a young girl. She's also a ghost only in the second movie.

So yeah I think we're getting a series following the original movie timeline and not the alternate one from the stand alone complex shows.

She has changed bodies before. She can be in any suit so aging younger or older has no bearing on any of the seasons or movies.

She has changed bodies before. She can be in any suit so aging younger or older has no bearing on any of the seasons or movies.

If that was the case they wouldn't bother taking the time to create and also feature a new design for her character and just went with the one we've had since the start. Yet here we are and they're featuring a new character design for her. My point stands unless we hear otherwise I expect this new show will be part of the original movie and not the alternate timeline from stand alone complex.